Government Sales Specialist
Route Networking Group
- Boise, ID
What We Do
Our client integrates their passion for interior design and their partnerships with quality furniture manufacturers to assist in creating functional, comfortable, and attractive environments for all business types. Their experienced team provides comprehensive space planning and design solutions while sourcing unique products to enhance any commercial workspace. The core purpose of their company is to Build Culture, Create Community, and Enrich Lives. They seek to achieve this purpose for every client through each project they undertake, and the long-term customer relationships they’ve developed over the last three decades are a testament to that commitment.
What We Need
Along with Route Networking Group, our client is looking for an individual that has experience in and around Government procurement and understands the ins and outs of working within the bounds of government contracting. This position will be working with customers ranging in scope from the GSA to local city procurement officials.
The GSA Specialist will be expected to build brand awareness and preference of our client's solutions by networking in assigned territory to enhance government end-user and influencer relationships and develop sales opportunities. Leads persuasion steps in sales process, including qualifying, relationship building, needs evaluation, solution development/presentation, and closing. Accountable for achieving financial sales targets. As subject matter expert on complex government purchasing process and solution strategies, partners with other front-line sellers on team- based selling to achieve sales goals and grow market share of government business
What Will You Do?
- Represent the company Brand
- Model Core Values – Purpose and ideals through positive and responsive image to influencers and government officers. Spends substantial time in the market to drive company opportunities.
- Identify & Qualify Prospects
- Progress or Advance bid opportunity and requirements
- Account Opportunity, Planning & Development
- Works closely with company leadership & aligned Manufacturer personnel to develop business plan, targets, and goals. While ensuring the company is positioned to meet and exceed goals set forth by the end user and to exceed targets in government vertical.
- Evaluate End User Needs
- Maximize time and experience with the end user / influencers through active listening and dialog of desired outcomes to deeply understand needs and move towards presenting solutions in the context of a trusted advisor.
- Develop Wholistic Solutions
- Present solutions that have the end users & customers best interest in mind and support both the current and long-term needs
- Close Business
- Negotiating the complex GSA environment to convert solutions and conversations into implementable projects and long-term business relationships.
- Working in a team
- Must be able to thrive in an interdependent team environment and be able to clearly share companies core values, alignment, and possess the ability to clearly communicate and delegate timelines, deliverables, and customer needs.
- Admin & Reporting
- Effectively manage a business plan to track and report sales results / criteria in a timely manner using business systems. Manage expenses, sales pipeline, and all other relevant sales pipeline metrics.
- Expert knowledge on federal contracting purchasing process and contract requirements
- Proven ability to create, build, and maintain professional relationships at all levels of the organization. In addition to influencers and cross functional teams
- Excellent organization, problem-solving, meeting facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel daily away from “home” offices up to 70 percent of time in assigned market with occasional overnight travel, depending on assigned territory; may have occasional international travel, depending on assignment and/or training needs.
- selling skills, e.g., prospect qualification; lead generation; new business development; account penetration; strategic, and consultative selling; negotiation; and contracts (closing).
- Ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment at all levels of organization.
- Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software and tolls used within the company.
Monday, June 1, 2020