Director, GM/HBC Sales
Route Networking Group
- Boise, ID
Each employee should treat the company as their own, to take responsibility for their work, be willing to learn & grow and to foster & enhance the culture of the organization. Our client's goal is to create an environment that allows people to maintain work-life-balance, to thrive and be satisfied in their career.
The Business Development Manager GMHBC is responsible for:
Client & Customer Management:
- Responsible to meet or exceed budgeted sales, margin and profit plan in assigned accounts
- Assist in the development of key account business plans to achieve volume growth and profit objectives, including revenue, distribution, customer service and quality goals.
- Implement Customer Headquarter Calls and penetrate key positions at retailer department
- Responsible to deliver short and long-term sales plans, achieving financial and customer relationship management KPI's
- Facilitate business reviews with customers. Act as business unit liaison among manufacturers, logistics, sales, finance and accounting to support existing and new business.
- The Business Manager will utilize strong collaborative, relationship building and influencing skills to successfully engage customers and manage resources of multiple client businesses.
- Work collaboratively with sales operations and analytics on proposals and deliverables
- Collaborate with executive leaders in sales & marketing teams to better leverage assets while providing higher value to our clients and customers.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills (including Category Management to improve business results
- Demonstrate leadership qualities consistent with company culture.
- Build and maintain a viable pipeline of prospective clients.
- Develop and execute business development strategy to grow Net Sales of the General Merchandise and Healthy and Beauty Care (GM/HBC) Products for each target retailer/channel.
- Prepare business proposals for each prospective to include:
- Product assortment
- Account P&L based on approved sell-in pricing
- Sales presentation materials including “pitch” decks
- Category and SKU volume estimates
Work with Independent Network, or source additional independent sale reps, that have deep relationships with target accounts or channels to acquire new accounts:
- Schedule appointments and deliver sales presentations
- Handle/oversee all administrative work to submit proposals and bids
- Negotiate final costs and investments between new account and clients
Maintain a cadence of business updates and communication as follows:
- Respond quickly to account requests and engage new opportunities as they arise
- Hold regular meetings with Accounts (calendar quarterly and/or semi-annual) to ensure business and financial objectives are being met, or course correct as necessary
- Prepare and recommend a National Promotional Strategy and Calendar for all channels.
- Provide input for Demand Forecasting process (1x/month)
- Provide calendar quarterly business updates
Provide market updates on an ongoing basis to include:
- Shelf analysis and assortment recommendations
- Market developments and competitive threats
- Strengths and weaknesses of Products
- New product development opportunities or product gap
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education & Experience Required
- Expertise in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Familiar with Trade Management systems
- Knowledge of techniques and tools necessary to perform job functions
- 4-year Degree
- Combination of Education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated success in the following competencies: o Strategic selling and closing skills with the industry
- Proven ability to drive sales results
- Communication skills, including presentation, sales, and negotiation in a business to business environment.
- Ability to grow internal and external relationships by providing insight and advice to enhance meetings and profitability.
- Extensive experience in sales and/or business development across a diverse portfolio of products.
- Overall understanding supply chain operations
- Project management skills with new product commercialization
- Strong understanding of development, evaluation and utilization of key performance indicators
- Comfortable with collaborating and recommending solutions to executive levels of management
- Assertive, results oriented self-starter
- Customer relations skills, including meeting customer needs and establishing a service environment, demonstrating excellent customer service to all and put in place practices that help promote a service- oriented culture.
- Written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively in writing, write in a clear and concise manner to peers, vendors, supervisors, or customers. This also includes the ability to target material to the appropriate audience.
- Oral communication skills including the ability to speak in a clear and concise and manner to peers, vendors, supervisors, or customers one-on-one, or in a small group, or in a formal presentation.
- Interpersonal skills, including building relationships and conflict resolution. This involves the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with peers, management, suppliers and other company departments. Open communication and transparency.
- Excellent critical thinking skills
Physical Demands & Environment
This position works in an office environment, indoors subject to fluctuations in temperature (indoor climate control) with moderate noise level and lighting. This position has the following physical demands and incumbents must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Sufficient mobility to move around the office
- Ability to use hands for grasping files, papers, notebooks, writing implements, etc.
- Visual acuity sufficient to read documents on paper and on the computer
- Sitting at a desk for up to 8 hours at a time
- May lift up to 20lbs.
Wednesday, July 22, 2020