As product manager, you are a passionate team player, adept at managing relationships, and collaborate with and influence many people across the organization. You will guide a product team that is charged with a product’s contribution to our business, building new products, increasing the profitability of existing products, and supporting the company's mission. In addition, you will help develop new product ideas or enhancements based on your contact with customers, internal subject matter experts, and the market.
You should be prepared to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority, and be comfortable managing complexity. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must also enjoy spending time in the market to understand market problems and finding innovative solutions for the broader market.
Communication skills are key to success in this role. You will work with content and development counterparts to define product release requirements based on market problems. You will work with product marketing and marketing communications to help define the go-to-market strategy by providing key product and market insights. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working to support the sales channel and key customers. In short, you must be prepared to communicate with all areas of the company.
You are a strategist who will translate the company’s high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks. You will set product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with your design, content, and engineering teammates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Acts as the “messenger of the market” from the outside-in to the rest of the organization.
• Develops a multi-year roadmap for your products to illustrate our vision and plan into the future.
• Works cross-functionally with other business teams, such as finance and legal, to understand business requirements, build business models, establish pricing, and show project ROI.
• Develops and maintains a business proposal that makes a compelling case for continued investment in products.
• Works collaboratively with product team members to determine research needed to obtain market information.
• Assess market competition by preparing comprehensive competitive analysis.
• Collaborates with other stakeholders, such as product marketing or content and design strategy, to create messaging and positioning for your products.
• Creates user stories for current and future products based on the market’s problems.
• Manages the entire product line lifecycle, from prototyping and testing new features/products and ideas to sunsetting legacy products.
• Drives buy-build-partner analysis and, where necessary, reviews potential partner relationships for the product.
• Knows why we are winning and losing in the market to be able to drive changes to our product or to process improvement.
• Stays aware of our competition and develops strategies and tactics to reduce the threat.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, health or related field with related work experience; or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of marketing, development, sales, or product management experience.
• Certifications in product management methodologies and frameworks.
• Tech savvy and passionate about building products.
• Direct experience working in the healthcare industry strongly desired (clinical or otherwise).
• Experience with various consumer, clinical (e.g. electronic medical record systems), and content management technologies. Specific expertise required will vary depending on the product(s) you will support.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, engineering, health or related field with related work experience.
• Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
• Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp.
• Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Teams, Slack, JIRA, and Salesforce.
• Familiarity with Pragmatic, SVPG, Lean, or dual-track agile development models preferred.
• Metrics-driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information.
• Curious and comfortable holding professional conversations with our target buyers and users.
• Must be a strong writer and public speaker in front of large groups, including internal and external executives.
• Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
• This position requires domestic and possibly international travel up to 25 percent.
• All offers are contingent upon the completion of a background check.