Join the team that is changing the future of healthcare:
What if your work helped a person make a decision that got him to the emergency room just in time? Or helped a doctor talk to a mom about her child’s illness? And what if the job you showed up for every day made even one person decide to take a walk instead of sitting on the couch eating potato chips?
The best health education in the world only helps people if they can get to it when they need it. As a Development Operations Engineer at this company, you’ll be part of an innovative team that designs, develops, and deploys the technology that delivers health education to people during an office visit, in the hospital, or wherever they are—on any device.
Your experience and your passion for software engineering and operations and making a profound difference in health care make you an ideal candidate. And this company, a nonprofit organization, makes an ideal workplace where you can thrive.
Their Boise campus boasts a fully equipped gym; walking, running, and biking trails; healthy snacks; company bicycles; and a host of exercise classes—all on-site. Their offices are on the road to the local ski area. And they work in beautiful buildings, filled with natural light and the best of regional art.
Here's what you can do:
• Works alongside the team to develop products and systems that make it easier for health care professionals to deliver health education and make it easier for people to access it.
• Helps advance the state of Dev/Ops.
• Builds advanced and innovative tools and solutions to help deploy our applications for millions of users across multiple data centers at trail blazing speeds. (We love automation!!)
• Join a team in pursuit of providing continuous deployment with continuous availability.
• Plays with a lot of cool technologies. (Chef, .Net, PowerShell, New Relic, Splunk, Go…)
• Takes on other duties as assigned. (Yeah, the day-to-day stuff happens here, too.)
• Participates in an on-call rotation. (Part of that continuous availability stuff.)
You've got this:
• You have a passion for quality “awesomeness” and helping deliver world class software.
• You’re driven, but not by your ego; you see potential in others and want to help them succeed.
• You’re agile in temperament and discipline; you want to continuously deliver awesomeness.
• You’re flexible and can switch tasks as priorities change.
• You’ve got development capabilities in an object oriented language and understanding of design patterns.
• You love software engineering but also have a passion for playing with cool toys (Operations).
• You’re the person people come to when they need to solve a problem.
• You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer information systems, or you have equivalent work experience.
• You can pass a criminal background check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.