Route Networking Group
- Boise, ID, United States
This client in Boise, ID is looking for a Cost Accountant to join the team. The Cost Accountant will report to the Controller of Product Costing and Profitability and will play an integral role to support the growth of the company. This individual will support the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing and audit activities and working closely with Operations to support manufacturing activities, Costing and Inventory Valuation. This role will also support various projects related to inventory and cost providing functional support to ensure successful implementation.
- Participate in month-end, quarter end, and year-end closing activities including journal entries, account reconciliations, variance analyses, and reserve analyses.
- Coordinate annual physical inventory counts and periodic cycle counts
- Implement and coordinate cycle counting program and validate and investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
- Monitor / lead root cause - corrective action for cycle count variances
- Work with operations and product line managers to dispose of obsolete inventory and aged shop orders
- Coordinate, run, and review for accuracy the annual standard cost roll
- Review standard costs for inaccuracies and make recommendations for changes
- Calculate labor and overhead rates and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
Month End / Analysis
Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close.
- Reconcile inventory monthly including E&O calculations, aged WIP reserve, shrink reserve, and other inventory reserves as required
- Monthly Gross Margin report, Inventory Report, and other reporting as needed (ad Hoc, etc).
- Analysis / Reports on Manufacturing variances monthly and throughout the month as required
- Accumulate capital spend and report capital spend to budgeted variance. Validate spend is applicable to project and should be capitalized
- Monthly depreciation and amortization entry and reconciliation support
- Special projects as required
- Participate in the internal and external audits
- Monthly OneStream balance sheet account reconciliations for Inventory/Fixed Asset Accounts.
- Perform any other assigned duty as directed by Controller of Product Costing and Profitability
- Maintain accuracy of Epicor ERP cost accounting system
- Create and review the controls needed for Epicor - data accumulation and reporting systems (work closely with IT business analysts to ensure accuracy of system set-ups)
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for cost accounting
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Adherence to Enpro values of Safety, Excellence and Respect
- Absolute Integrity. Doing what is right
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance
- 5 years of progressive experience in Cost Accounting or similar role
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Experience in manufacturing
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to analyze and reconcile complex accounts and reserves
- Strong organizational and communicational skills
- Detail oriented- Interpersonal skills (contact with Supply Chain/Operations periodically during the month)
- Knowledge of Epicor or ERP experience preferred
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
This company is an advanced manufacturing, cleaning, coating, and refurbishment business focused on the semiconductor value chain, serving customers from 3 facilities in Boise, ID and 3 in northern California. This company is a newly acquired addition to Enpro’s high-growth Advanced Surface Technologies segment, which is made up of businesses that utilize proprietary technologies, processes, and capabilities with highly differentiated services and products to serve the most challenging applications for semiconductor equipment, specialized optical filters, and thin-film coatings.
Thursday, May 18, 2023