Business Intelligence Engineer
Route Networking Group
- Boise, Idaho
Business Intelligence Engineers work closely with application developers, customers, and leadership to gain insights from data and produce knowledge from information.They are dedicated to curating data, protecting privacy, and visualizing information to the benefit of clients and the business.The goal of what our customer does is to enable people to make informed health decisions. Every click, share, open, and save of our customer's content says . . . something . . . something about how their clients and their patients benefit from our customer's solutions.
BI Engineers work within an agile, collaborative team to perform all facets of development, testing, implementation and production support of BI models, databases, services and platforms.They must develop in-depth knowledge of the business environment and the communication skills to understand business user’s and customer’s needs.
Respect is a key tenet of our customer's culture, and they strive to hire people who care about how their work and attitude affects those around them. Successful members of this team are confident and assertive, yet adaptive to changing frameworks, technologies, and constraints. Above all, they value shipping solutions that matter, doing the right thing and having fun with their work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds software that extracts, transforms and loads data.
- Models data for efficient consumption by reporting and analytics tools.
- Evaluates and implements cloud platforms and architectures best fit to project requirements.
- Maintains previously deployed software and reports.
- Designs dashboards and reports to meet business needs.
- Independently discovers solutions and collaborates on insights and best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Experience in an object-oriented language and use of common software design patterns.
- Experience with a variety of development platforms, cloud development with Microsoft Azure is preferred.
- Experience with Standard Query Language (SQL) and database design.
All offers are contingent upon the completion of a background check.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Experience developing for one or more cloud platforms preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs.
- Understanding of business intelligence design, big data solutions, statistical modeling or machine learning.
- Experience with self-service query tools and dashboards preferably Power BI.
- Understanding of data integration engines such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or Azure Data Factories.
- Experience protecting individual privacy such as required by HIPAA.
- Familiarity with Data Analysis Expressions (DAX).
- Exposure to online analytical processing (OLAP) engines preferably SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Ability to work closely with software development projects using C#.
Wednesday, May 8, 2019