Our client is looking for a top-tier convenience store professional to join their team. The Convenience Store Services (CSS) Program Director is responsible for all aspects of convenience store initiatives. Primary responsibilities are to increase sales, gross margins, financial returns, and value-added services for their distributor members through negotiation of supplier programs and end-to-end successful execution of private branded concepts and convenience store segment development.
• Manage, develop and execute supplier programs for national network of company CSS distributor members and suppliers
• Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships
• Identify emerging markets and market trends
• Responsible for the relationship of assigned suppliers and managing activities that will ensure the achievement of purchasing objectives
• End-to-end category management responsibility, from program development to successful execution at distributor level
• Minimum five years of experience in convenience store industry, with strong knowledge of foodservice concepts
• Minimum ten years of experience in foodservice, distributor sales, brand management, purchasing, or marketing
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills focused on customer satisfaction
• Function effectively in Microsoft Office environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Highly self-motivated and ability to motivate others
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field
• Living in Boise, Idaho, a plus; not required
• Ability to travel, extensive at times
Our client is a leading national foodservice buying group for independent distributors, headquartered in Boise, Idaho. Their company runs on the philosophy of people first. They strive to create a diverse and inclusive culture that welcomes new ideas and perspectives. Above all, they are passionate about maintaining their edge and making sure they have fun along the way.