Route Networking Group
- Boise, ID
The Accounting Specialist will perform any combination of standard accounting duties such as: calculations, postings, verifications, audits, reporting and researching duties to obtain financial data for use in maintaining account records. The position will be assigned to a specific accounting function of accounts payable, accounts receivable, auditing, credit or collections. The Accounting Specialist must understand the effects of debit/credit actions on accounting records in order to process detailed routine transactions, research/correct errors and resolve report discrepancies within their specific function while maintaining confidentiality.
The incumbent is expected to complete work assignments under limited supervision, uphold stringent company and employee confidentiality, and follow well-established policies/practices to accomplish tasks under tight deadlines. Work is reviewed for sound judgment, adherence to company policies/procedures and accuracy. This position reports to the Controller.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: The Accounting Specialist will be assigned to a specific phase of accounting requiring general knowledge of specified accounting policies and practices as listed below:
1. Customer Receivables:
- Provide a monthly schedule of values to PM’s to allow them to make any changes to the projects and return to accounting.
- Generates customer invoice based on the schedule of values.
- Researches, analyzes, and corrects, if necessary the schedule of values from project managers and make necessary adjustments.
- Will handle all collections, provide regular reporting updates to accounts payables for informational purposes.
2. Account Payables:
- Compare vendor/subcontractor invoices to purchase orders or contracts to verify quantities, prices, payment terms, freight charges, extensions, etc. Compute discounts, make sales/use tax determinations, and match to purchase order submitted for authorization of purchase.
- Process and reconcile billing statements monthly; communicates with vendors and subcontractors to correct or modify invoices received, code payable invoices with correct job costing codes and general ledger codes; processes credit and debit memos, process/print approved checks for vendors.
3. Project Analysis:
- Compile, research and prepare various comparison reports, charts and tables for project analysis.
- May generate reports and schedules through job costing/accounting system. Assist in preparing special reports and studies as requested.
- Research and prepares basic, periodic reports summarizing business and financial activities; performs basic clerical duties as needed, such as filing, faxing, data entry, answering phones, mail pick-up/distribution within the department.
5. Additional duties:
- Develop an understanding of Company accounting standards and procedures, and a thorough knowledge of job costing software.
- Contributes a team member attitude by supporting the various company departments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Requires minimum of four (4) year experience in general accounting with degree in Accounting or Finance and/or bookkeeping assignments involving recordkeeping, preferably in the construction industry.
- General PC/Computer/data entry knowledge required, experience in a Microsoft Windows environment preferred.
- Experience in Sage software helpful.
- Must have strong problem solving/organizational skills, ability to apply policies and procedures ensuring compliance, be reliable, punctual and able to work in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to accurately make mathematical computations using decimals, fractions, percentages; understanding debit/credit actions; follow complex oral and written instructions; use a 10-key adding machine by touch.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume a brief description of your interest in the position.
Wednesday, August 18, 2021
$50,000 - $70,000