Our client equips private equity firms who are looking to buy established companies with customized consultants to help inform their investments. Their team of incredibly bright and innovative minds produce exceptional results for their clients and drive strong growth for the company. Our client has seen aggressive year over-year growth since the inception of the company in 2009 and they are positioned well in the market.
They are headquartered in beautiful Boise, Idaho, though their work takes them globally - their clients are located all across the nation and they deliver advisers from all over the globe. They offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and an environment that rewards performance and fosters personal and professional growth.
Additionally, they are proud to be one of Idaho's Best Places to work three years running.
Along with our client, Route Networking Group is currently looking to add a phenomenal Business Development Director to their sales team. The Business Development Director will report directly to the VP of Sales.
The Ideal Candidate
• Driven, ambitious, and tenacious - motivated by “the game” and the challenge of selling
• Energetic, enthusiastic, and extroverted
• Collaborative and proactive in executing with little supervision
• Stimulated by a fast-paced, metrics-driven organization
• Focused on delivering results and exceeding goals
• Understand territory target client prospects and current accounts; develop a strategy in partnership with the sales team and leadership to grow both
• Execute a consistent sales methodology that is focused on consultative selling
• Use email, phone, social media, and in-person meetings to schedule and conduct high-level conversations with key decision makers at private equity firms
• Achieve weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales goals and present progress towards performance metrics
• Continue the development and refinement of the company lead generation group - improve processes, messaging, KPIs, and reporting for inside sales efforts
• Work diligently and creatively to source leads independently
• Identify, research and qualify new leads, cold leads, old opportunities, and lapsed customers
• Track and report on all sales activity within internal databases
• Possess a strong understanding of the company's service offerings and operations; be able to discuss in the context of potential customers’ operations
• Establish testing methodology to ensure continual improvement of all metrics across the lead generation function
• Maintain and continually learn the company's service offerings to better position and add incremental value
• Understand long-term project objectives and work collaboratively with internal operations and strategy teams
to define project scope, pricing and to operationalize
• Travel to meet with prospective clients and to industry conferences (travel expectation is up to 20% per month)
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years of experience in Sales Development, Lead Generation, and/or Sales. Previous experience selling to Private Equity firms, Hedge funds, Strategy Consultancies, and/or financial services firms is desired, but not required.
• Experience selling $200k+ contracts
• Salesforce proficiency
• Proven track record of succeeding in a goal-driven environment
• Excellent oral (including call control) and written communication skills
• Executive presence and solid presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively with C-level executives
• Ability to quickly learn new processes and technology; proactively work to improve internal processes as necessary