Civil/Survey CAD Technician
Route Networking Group
- Hailey, ID
Together with our client, RNG is seeking a Civil/Survey CAD Technician to work in their BEAUTIFUL Hailey, Idaho office. Their primary areas of survey practice include land development, boundary, and construction surveys. This position will work under the direction of a senior PLS. Candidates must have strong math, communication and organizational skills; be a team player; be physically fit with a willingness/enthusiasm to work outdoors, as well as in a professional office environment on a wide variety of projects. This position may require overtime and work outdoors in adverse conditions, as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The work will include preparing survey maps and engineering drawings in CAD with guidance from the engineering and surveying staff. More specifically, responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Detailing and development of construction plans. Process raw information from Designer for project design.
- Produce site plan and utility layout with minimal supervision from Designer.
- Process existing and proposed profiles (example: grade, utilities).
- Perform preliminary engineering calculations and develop preliminary designs
- Use AutoCAD Civil 3D proficiently in daily assignments.
- Interpret field crew notes; analyze and process survey data (conventional and GPS)
- Develop detailed survey drawings (boundary, topographical, ALTA) with AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Perform deed analysis and prepare working sketches
- Compute and edit Digital Terrain Models to define surfaces (existing and proposed)
- Calculate volumetric quantities
- Import and export of data in various formats (.txt, .csv, .dgn, .shp, xml, .gml, .kml, etc.)
- Prepare surfaces, calculate quantities, areas in accordance with the engineering department.
- Perform public records research (deeds, plats, maps, data sheets, etc.)
- Plot legal descriptions for parcels, easements, and right of ways.
- Prepare project set up and compile and compute data to prepare for field activities
- Daily interaction with field personnel to acquire notes and data and monitor progress
- Generate reports (volume surface calculations, mapcheck, etc.)
- Assist with applications to divide property (plats, minor subdivisions, lot reconfigurations).
- Perform quantity take-offs and assist with proposal preparation and competitive bids
- Visit sites to gather physical evidence and survey data as required from time to time
- Confer by telephone, writing, or in person with surveyors, crew chiefs, clients, colleagues, public officials, contractors, and others from time to time as required
- Experience with relevant software platforms (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.)
- Daily interaction with field crews
- Read and follow CAD Standards and Operating Procedures, including standards, conventions, and guidelines, implementing them in daily assignments to maintain uniformity in work products.
Monday, January 18, 2021