The primary purpose of the position of Member Services Representative (MSR) is to advance the double-digit growth and profitability of the region working in conjunction with and in support of the Regional Vice President of Sales. The MSR will provide guidance to distributors for participation in key company programs that will be mutually beneficial to the distributor and to the company. The MSR plays a key role in member satisfaction and retention. The MSR, as with all associates, should contribute to create an environment that promotes the Company’s Guiding Behaviors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Achievement of consistent communications and influence with all assigned distributors primarily by personal contact and market visits with chosen distributors for food shows, business reviews, and any other visit deemed important for a distributor.
Key Results Area 1 – Growth of Distributor Members and Programs.
• Advise/Influence targeted members of opportunities with company internal or invoiced programs.
• Advise/Influence targeted members of opportunities with company's external or key suppliers and prepare detailed lead information for Category Management/Marketing meetings with suppliers.
• Provide daily feedback to the assigned Regional Vice President of Sales/Director of Member Services about all information learned from and about the assigned company distributors.
• Red flag any members at risk and communicate to Regional Vice President of Sales/Director of Member Resources.
• Monitor monthly sales activity to ensure sales budget achievement. Determine cause and develop corrective action plan with the Regional Vice President/Director of Member Resources if any assigned distributors fall below budgeted standards at any time.
• Develop conversion strategy on non-company purchases for chosen distributors.
• Advise/Influence all distributors of food show participation, special offerings, distributor progress reports and any other company communications deemed important to the company distributor for their maximum satisfaction and financial return in the company program.
• Ensure up-to-date invoice reporting by all assigned members.
• Secure a vendor list from the top 15 distributors in the region to analyze their purchases for crediting of all company qualifying purchases and to recommend non-company suppliers (specifically regional suppliers) with significant purchases for review by the Category Management team to consider for a possible company supplier program.
• Identify any distributors with a purchasing deficit of one thousand dollars or more per month, from a top 75 supplier, determine cause and corrective action.
• Impact annual budget for supplier growth programs that generate revenue to the company.
• Support and provide distributor leads for strategic supplier meetings.
Key Results Area 2 – Distributor Awareness and Maximization of Participation in company Programs, Events, and Promotions.
• In addition to attending the twice-a-year buying conferences, assist in developing sales action plans for each attending assigned distributor to maximize their satisfaction and financial results.
• Ensure maximum attendance in all programs/events/promotions, especially the twice-a-year buying conferences.
• Be available to participate and present in any and all regional focus/share group meetings, distributor training, mini food shows, or any other activities with assigned Regional Vice President of Sales.
• In coordination with Regional Vice President of Sales/Category Management, support and execute the supplier on-boarding process, specifically with targeted members.
• Assist and support maximum member participation in opportunity buys, company brands, and committed volume purchasing programs.
• Represent the company at distributor food shows when appropriate.
Key Results Area 3 – Develop Assigned Distributor Marketing and Incentive Trip Plans.
• Assist assigned distributors in building distributor marketing plans to help them market their products to their customers and generate additional income. Utilize company services at all times possible in executing these plans.
• Assist the assigned distributors in building distributor incentive programs to maximize their involvement and point accumulations in company travel incentive programs.
Key Results Area 4 – New Member Search.
• Assist the Regional Vice President of Sales in research and developing a target list of prospective company distributor members.
• Assist in communication and follow-up with prospects as agreed upon by the Regional Vice President of Sales.
• Assist the Regional Vice President of Sales in keeping the prospect database updated and accurate.
• Support as needed in new member orientation and internal onboarding process.
Key Results Area 5 – Assist in Regional Meeting/Focus Group/Distributor Exchange.
• Assist Regional Vice President of Sales in facilitating meetings that bring members together for purchasing and/or sharing of best practices and any other synergies.
• Organizational skills
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet, CRM
• Verbal and written communication skills (phone, email, etc.)
• Background requirements: foodservice, customer service, marketing, or sales
• Some college or Associate degree helpful, Marketing degree with no required work experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with limited related work experience preferred
• Self-starter with ability to multi-task and set/achieve goals
• Occasional travel required
Accurate, listening, organized, time management, project management, results-oriented, communications, passion for learning, problem solving, proactive, innovative, team-focused, self-motivated, positive attitude, influence, supplier knowledge, and industry knowledge.