Our client is a creative marketing agency that loves to learn, collaborate, and create! The people behind their services are what sets them apart and inspire them every day. They are a growth oriented, driven group of lifelong learners, and they never stop striving to improve themselves and ensure their customers get the best quality products and services at the greatest value.
Our client is a leader in the foodservice distribution industry providing unparalleled support and innovation for distributor members. Their mission is to drive success for distributors and suppliers, outperforming market growth and profitability. They provide collaboration and teamwork services that enable all members to enjoy great success.
Our client is looking for someone that has at least two years’ experience in developing WordPress websites from set up, theme customization and plugin integration. They must be able to think quickly to come up with solutions that may require customization beyond what is provided “in the box.” This developer should be a HTML and CSS expert and have deep understanding of how front-end design drives user experience. Additionally, the developer should have some database experience and be comfortable editing PHP.
This ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a team environment, while still being adept at working autonomously with little direction or supervision. Must be able to meet or exceed expectations including deadlines, quality assurance and be pleasant to work with. We are also looking for someone that is comfortable making client presentations, working with upper management and does it all with professionalism and good humor!
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Manage assigned web development projects from creating and producing websites for internal and external customers with budget and deadlines. You will also be involved in the growth and profitability of Lumen Creative through our own sales and marketing initiatives.
• Use WordPress to create new and update existing webpages
• Understand Responsive Development and optimize for desktop, tablet, and mobile viewpoints
• Image Optimization & Basic Search Engine Optimization
• Design landing pages, digital advertisements, emails, banners, infographics, swag, and print collateral for marketing campaigns
• Ability to work under tight deadlines in a past paced environment
• Develop and maintain an understanding of our customers
• Collaborate with other designers, developers, marketers, and the sales team to generate effective design solutions and receive feedback
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines while effectively managing multiple projects with creativity and flexibility
• Be a self-starter. As a resourceful and resilient self-starter, you will thrive in a fast-paced environment where initiative and innovation are required
• Strong portfolio showcasing web development and design proficiency
• Exceptional eye for attention to detail
• Proof copy for consistency and accuracy
• Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
Required and Preferred Skills:
• WordPress: 2+ years (Required)
• Designing landing pages, etc. for marketing campaigns: 2 years (Preferred)
• Image Optimization & Basic Search Engine Optimization: 2 Years (Preferred)
• Adobe Creative Cloud: 1 year (Preferred)
• Graphic Design & Video Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
• High level of professional decorum.
• Superior organizational skills and experience meeting deadlines.
• Multi-task with high level of accuracy, follow-through, and detail-orientation.
• Occasional travel to trade shows, community fairs, and other events is required.
• Social media marketing, making, and placing ads or managing social accounts
(Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Ads, etc.)
• Email and SMS Marketing
• Search Engine Optimization
• Web and marketing data analysis
This position has physical requirements of working at a computer 90% of a typical workday (8 hours/day) Additionally, the ability to lift and transport product samples and trade show materials, bend or stand, as necessary. Other lifting may include the ability to lift-up-to 50lbs.
Our vision is to create a world of unlimited possibility and potential for our customers, colleagues, and our community. Our mission is to ensure customers grow their businesses and associates build their futures. We do this by providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service. Operating with a shared set of truths, collectively, we are able to unleash a world of possibility. Together, we set the P.A.C.E!
• PEOPLE first. Everything else follows. We work hard to develop respectful, collaborative relationships and meet shared goals
• Take ACTION. We are passionate entrepreneurs and execute with a sense of urgency and strong will to win. We fuel creativity and innovation.
• CURIOSITY. We have a deep desire to learn and grow.
• ETHICS – We do the right thing in our business and community, even when no one is looking.
• ! – We have fun and make our mark! We get excited about what we do, we enjoy the process and recognize that enthusiasm and engagement are contagious.