Director of R&D
Route Networking Group
- Idaho Falls, ID
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
The Director of Research and Development is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of innovation, formula development, and product creation to meet customer criteria. This includes directing all R&D operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing formulas and development of new, innovative products and ideas. Acts as member of management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of R&D
- Research and develop new and innovative products
- Directly responsible for R&D Staff
- Perform scheduled coaching sessions
- Helps coordinate all process flow of new product development and implementation
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with other managers and departments to ensure the timely and accurate development of new products
- Reverse engineer current formulas
- Implement and maintain processes and procedures
- Investigate batching issues
- Investigate Stability and Compatibility issues
- Maintains close involvement with customer and Customer Experience Team while samples are being produced and shipped
- Maintains a good working relationship with raw material suppliers
- Understanding of OTC Formulations, Scale Up and Testing
- Understanding of Regulatory Guidelines
- Makes lab batches---when needed
The essential duties listed are representative of the major duties required of this job; ability to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation is required. This company may make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
This job description is not designed or intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks in a short amount of time.
- Performs work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Performs work using good organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of personal computers.
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of raw materials.
- Perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and safely.
- Ability to lead a team.
- OTC Expertise.
- Formulation knowledge in skincare, haircare, bodycare and liquid color.
- 10 yrs of experience with Research and Development of Personal Care, Cosmetic and OTC products preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related sciences preferred or combination of course work, applicable certifications, and/or work experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Proven success of leading a high performing team
- Technical Capability
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Customer/Client Focus
- People Management
- Training & Development
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend
- Regularly use hands to keyboard or type, handle materials, or manipulate tools
- Regularly reach with hands and arms
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing abilities required by this classification includes those which permit the employee to discern verbal instructions and communicate effectively in person and by telephone
- Requires composure and ability to prioritize and handle many urgent tasks and requests simultaneously with a high level of competence and accuracy
- Maintain confidentiality
- Willing to travel, if needed (minimal)
The physical demands identified above are representative of those that will be required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Office & laboratory setting
- Noise level is usually moderate
- Fast paced
Interested in Applying? Awesome! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume!
Tuesday, March 15, 2022
100,000 - 120,000