Director of Category Management
Route Networking Group
- Boise, ID
Our client is a team-oriented, broad-based corporation with divisions and affiliates spanning a wide array of disciplines; each focused on helping customers meet their goals. They develop long-standing partnerships by providing the greatest value to customers with the best quality products and services which maximizes their profitability. This also creates internal opportunities for personal growth, responsibility, and reward to team members.
Entrepreneurial spirit drives this team as they build companies ranging from food service, branded and private label food products, to commercial real estate development, property management and logistics.
This company has built an over-the-top customer service culture within their business, and this role will continue that ethos by providing exceptional support to the Vice President of Procurement and in the Food Service division of the company. Specifically, the incumbent’s role is to increase financial returns to distributor members, and drive growth to supplier partners through negotiation of approved supplier agreements, management of all supplier relationships, and successful execution of private branded and category development.
This position is responsible for the successful and positive relationship of assigned suppliers and for managing the activities that will guarantee the achievement of purchasing objectives. The incumbent will have effective interactions with members to support private branded and category conversions.
The position is also responsible for obtaining new suppliers and enhancing existing supplier programs. The success of this position hinges upon all activities that will help distributors and suppliers realize significant increases in their business.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Existing Supplier Growth
The incumbent will:
- have full responsibility of the income generated by the supplier relationship; facilitated through growth and marketing efforts,
- develop internal standardized reporting and mutually agreed upon business plans for organic sales growth to include benchmarking on an annual basis with top suppliers,
- facilitate growth plans and facilitate marketing efforts with the member services team aimed toward distributors for SKU and supplier growth,
- identify and communicate to members voids in supplier and category penetration,
- market the travel program to suppliers to increase additional participation and point values,
- strategically identify show participation for all non-marketing suppliers to maximize participation, and allowances
The incumbent will:
- identify, solicit, and sign key regional and national suppliers that fill our product offering voids,
- develop buy/sell invoice programs.
The incumbent will:
- develop Growth programs with key suppliers to benefit distributors and suppliers,
- create reporting that is transparent and timely for members,
- develop sales initiatives that support growth that will exceed supplier expectations.
- Five years foodservice management experience in a corporate or group affiliated distributor purchasing/merchandising department.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices.
- Knowledge of supplier base/categories/products.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrated strength in presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others, including having a collaborative partnership with internal departments.
- Strong leader in a team environment.
- Ability to train product knowledge.
- Ability to develop purchasing, earned income, merchandising programs that will enable clarity and understanding among distributors, staff, and suppliers.
- Flexibility in hours available to work.
- Travel required – approximately 25%.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate results and needs to management and team members at every level of the organization.
- Motivated by collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
This client is committed to investing in associates to help them unleash their potential. They offer competitive salaries, a 401(K)-matching program, and a wide selection of health and wellness benefits. These benefits also include wellness activities, parking allowances, access to continuous learning, paid holidays and a generous vacation package, workplace giving, free access to financial resources, gym membership, and SO MUCH more!
Company associates work collectively toward their vision. They share a set of truths referred to as P.A.C.E!
- PEOPLE first. Everything else follows. They work hard to develop respectful, collaborative relationships and meet shared goals.
- ACTION. They are passionate entrepreneurs and execute with a sense of urgency and strong will to win. They fuel creativity and innovation.
- CURIOSITY. They have a deep desire to learn and grow.
- ETHICS. They do the right thing in our business and community, even when no one is looking.
- They have fun and make their mark! They get excited about what they do, they enjoy the process and recognize that enthusiasm and engagement are contagious.
Interested in Applying? Awesome! Email us at email@example.com with a copy of your resume!
Wednesday, October 13, 2021