IT Infrastructure Engineer
Route Networking Group
- Boise, ID
The IT Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and operation of network and server infrastructures. This includes installation and support of hardware and software and participates in research and development of new technologies to continuously improve the IT business needs of the organization. They also participate in cross-functional projects in support of business productivity and IT security.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports IT infrastructure including network, server, and storage systems.
- Operates and maintains corporate IT infrastructure in accordance with HITRUST compliance framework via established policies and procedures.
- Supports, drives forward, and consolidates our Hyper-V/VMM virtualization environment, including Dell Storage Spaces Direct.
- Responsible for automated operating system patching of on-premises servers (WSUS, etc.).
- Creates and maintains network and system architecture diagrams and documentation.
- Provides analysis and root cause resolution of network and system infrastructure problems and outages.
- Partners with SecOps to drive forward datacenter hardware/virtualization/Windows Server/corporate network security Configures, tests, and maintains all network and system infrastructure changes.
- Responsible for ongoing backups of critical on-premises servers and data.
- Ensures high availability of on-premises datacenter.
- Provides recommendations for investment in new products and technology solutions.
- Delivers automation that drives manual effort out of common practices.
- Continuous improvement of processes and services of infrastructure hardware.
- Evaluates system designs, provides recommendations to improve performance, security, and functionality.
- Provides expertise, troubleshooting, and resolution on escalated incidents from the Service Desk team.
- Participates in regular on-call rotation and support our on-premises datacenter.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently on IT infrastructure projects.
- Follow established procedures is a MUST.
- Strong PowerShell scripting experience.
- Virtualization cluster administration/implementation experience, Hyper-V/VMM/SCCM a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years’ Microsoft network and system infrastructure design and administration experience.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions certification preferred.
- Experience with implementing multi-tiered secured solutions for high availability, reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Experience maintaining SAN and NAS (NFS/CIFS/ISCSI) storage technologies.
- Experience working with Active Directory, Exchange, and Azure.
- Current Cisco CCNA certifications a plus.
- Experience in LAN implementation and administration of firewalls, load balancers, routers, and switches.
- Experience analyzing and documenting business processes.
- Proven Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Interested in Applying? Awesome! Email us at email@example.com with a copy of your resume!
Wednesday, October 13, 2021