This company is looking for a tax manager who will join their growing team and contribute to the success of clients by performing vital tax functions dealing with US cross-border tax issues (tax research, planning and compliance). Specifically, they are looking to grow their practice in the individual income tax space for cross-border clients and this role would manage existing and newly acquired individual tax clients (while also assisting with business entity tax clients).
What You Will Be Doing:
Core responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
• Creating and maintaining client relationships (both locally and internationally).
• Prepare and review federal and state tax returns (heavy focus on individuals along with a few corporate clients).
• Help clients navigate through tax planning aspects (determining tax residency, pre-residency tax planning, foreign tax credit utilization, application of income tax treaties, etc.)
• Perform various tax research aspects and when necessary, prepare tax planning deliverables (PowerPoint presentations, memorandums, tax modeling, etc.).
• Help contribute to the team on business growth, marketing aspects and overall business improvements.
• This team operates a unique “non-traditionist” business model for a tax firm. We do not track billable hours / utilization. We offer a hybrid approach to office space with team working in office approximately 50% and remote the other 50%.
• Although the team is spread out, you will be ‘digitally’ surrounded by entrepreneurs and founders in environments that promote productivity, innovation and collaboration.
• It is expected of you to not necessarily work hard/long hours – but work effective/efficient hours and most importantly, maintain a healthy integration of your work and personal life.
• Overtime may be needed during busier times of the year – with the goal to make up that time during the slower times!
Experience, Skills and Abilities Needed:
• 5-8 years of working experience in tax (ideally with some exposure to international clients but not required).
• Heavy experience in individual tax.
• Proficient in core technology (MSFT Products, Google, etc.).
• Experience in income tax preparation software (CCH, OneSource, etc.).
• Quick thinking and entrepreneurial minded, strong leadership, multitasking and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• EA, CPA and/or MST preferred (or in process of obtaining).
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Tax, Finance (or related degree).
About this company:
Founded in San Francisco in 2015, this company began partnering with early-stage and cross-border companies to address their tax and accounting needs freeing them up to focus on their product and/or service. Fast forward to today and this team operates globally with its operational headquarters in Boise, Idaho and team members across the globe in San Francisco, Sydney, Poland and India.
They have over 350 clients from 30 countries with a heavy focus of clients in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Poland. They continue to grow their international client base through various partnerships and referral channels.
Their team is a diverse and talented group of 17 professionals with tax/accounting backgrounds and a healthy dose of the entrepreneur spirit. Too many tax and accounting professionals act like historians – focused on the prior year financials and the preparation of a tax return reporting the activity that happened last year. This team’s focus is, and always will be, working with fast moving entrepreneurs to manage risk and proactively address how tax and other mid-office aspects interact with their business drivers.
Interested in Applying? Awesome! Email us at email@example.com with a copy of your resume!