Director of Game Development
Route Networking Group
- Boise, ID
Our client creates the future of fitness! They combine the myriad health benefits of resistance training with the quick reward loops of mobile gaming to provide an immersive, ever-evolving VR experience that keeps their members coming back into the gym! Our client tracks every aspect of member workouts and delivers a quantified-self style report showing progress over time, next milestones, and more. Their company uses learning algorithms to track each workout performance and adjusts their patented resistance subsystem to keep progressing members in achieving their fitness goals!
- 10+ Years of experience
- 5+ Years managing team(s) of game developers
- 5+ Working with the Unity Game Engine
- 3+ Years working with AR/VR technologies
- Demonstrable expertise in C#
- Experience with publishing cross platform games/apps
- Experience working with international contract developers and maintaining team focus on edge cases and polish
- Object Oriented Programming
- Git + Unity and their associated quirks
- Portfolio of medium-large game/app credits showing a high level of polish
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work within a dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- Provide leadership to and manage game development team to satisfy product owner vision and company goals
- Write clean code with a constant eye on performance while reinforcing that practice throughout the development team
- Focus on reusable architecture and OOP design principles.
- Take ownership of features from prototype to a highly-polished production state.
- Improve, make suggestions, raise the bar on any code you work with and reinforce that mindset throughout the development team
- Demonstrable proficiency in debugging and performance profiling.
- Have a proven methodology for reviewing other developers code and having your code reviewed.
- Experience working with GameSparks
- Experience working with AWS, Dynamo DB & Stripe
- AAA game credits, extra bonus points working on licensed games involving multiple approval stages
- A degree in CS, engineering, data science, or mathematics.
- Passion for fitness and resistance training.
*Salary commensurate with experience.
**Remote candidates from the US and Canada will be considered.
Monday, March 16, 2020