Senior Data Engineer
Route Networking Group
- Boise, ID
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
What You’ll Do
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining the core platform and services that enable business intelligence. Working closely with data science and analytics teams, you will play a key role in the design, build, and maintenance of data pipelines; providing timely, accurate, and reliable information to all aspects of the business.
- Design, implement, and champion the tooling required for data ingress, data transformation, and orchestration.
- Develop data warehousing standards, transformations, and ingress patterns for production data sets.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to ensure prioritization of BI and reporting goals.
- Guide data modeling efforts, mentoring engineering and analytics teams.
- Troubleshoot data warehouse, pipeline, or date lake performance problems and bottlenecks.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills you’ll need
- 5+ years experience in software engineering
- 3+ years experience in a data-related field, including data engineering, data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization, and/or data science
- 2-3 years experience using AWS tools such as Amazon Redshift, EMR, Athena, and RDS
- Hands on experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience with Postgres and MySQL databases
- Experience with cloud or columnar data stores such as Redshift, Snowflake, or Hive/Presto
- Ability to identify, repair, and troubleshoot data quality issues
- Ability to write, understand, and optimize complex SQL
- Experience supporting transformation tools such as DBT, Dataform, or AWS Glue in production
- A desire to learn and experiment with new or emerging technologies
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
Thursday, January 6, 2022