The Database Administrator is responsible for all aspects of database computing. This person will be accountable for designing, implementing, and operating the database layer supporting our client's solutions. This individual interacts with all levels of the technology organization to align database strategy, operations, and development with technology objectives. S/he owns the uptime, reliability, and availability of the company-hosted database platform and takes a proactive and lead role to develop a strategy to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data stored in company databases.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Expectations and responsibilities of the Database Administrator include but are not limited to:
• Determines database structural requirements by analyzing operations, applications, and programming.
• Develops database solutions, including functional capabilities; security; backup; and recovery specifications, in collaboration with the development and operations teams.
• Proactively maintains database performance by finding and resolving production and application development problems.
• Creates and enforces database development standards, including the development and maintenance of data models, procedures, and queries for applications.
• Identifies, evaluates, and recommends technologies to achieve desired database performance.
• Be an inspiration, expert, and leader in database technologies across our organization while leading the organization in the adoption of new database technologies.
• Works proactively with the operations team to administer the database infrastructure and resolve challenging performance issues.
• Brings best thinking and advocates for advancing technology, and drives these technology advancements with workshops, brown-bags, and other presentations.
• Innovates, creates, and produces technological solutions for our clients to help the people they serve make better health decisions.
• Take on other duties as assigned (yeah, the day-to-day stuff happens here, too).
• Prefer 10 years database administration and development experience.
• Prefer 2 years working with cloud-hosted databases.
• Demonstrable success working in agile development environments.
• You are passionate about databases technologies and developing great software that helps deliver on our mission.
• Success delivering SaaS products operating in 24/7 “always on” environments.
• You are a Microsoft SQL Server expert but enjoy dabbling in a variety of other DB technologies such as NoSQL, Cosmos DB, .
• Familiar with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of database solutions.
• Strong judgment and decision-making skills; proactive and initiative to solve problems.
• All offers are contingent upon the completion of a background check.