Accountannt & Asst Credit Manager
Route Networking Group
- Boise, ID
Job Title: Accountant & Asst Credit Manager
Supervisor: Director of Accounting Systems, Internal Audit, and Management Information
This client is a team-oriented, broad-based corporation with divisions and affiliates spanning a wide array of disciplines; each focused on helping customers meet their goals. We develop long-standing partnerships by providing the greatest value to our customers with the best quality products and services which maximizes their profitability. This also creates internal opportunities for personal growth, responsibility, and reward to our team members.
Entrepreneurial spirit drives us as we build companies ranging from food service, branded and private label food products, to commercial real estate development, property management and logistics.
As this company has built an over-the-top customer service culture within our business, this role will continue to provide exceptional support to Finance & I.T. department by enforcing credit policies and conducting collections activity, resulting in achievement of past due account and credit loss goals. The Accountant and Asst. Credit Manager will also maintain accounts receivable in assigned areas, including the related tasks of credit analysis, maintenance, and follow-up activities, while also performing miscellaneous projects/tasks as required.
The incumbent will:
- publish and review weekly accounts receivable aging
- consult with managers and department personnel while determining action on problem accounts
- make professional calls to overdue or problem accounts
- closely monitor stress-related companies for credit overextension
- take other actions on problem accounts
- consistent with credit policies, to achieve credit goals
- log all notes in Anytime Collect
- set up activities for future calls
Credit Analysis and Cash Receipt Short Payments
The incumbent will:
- assist the Credit Manager with obtaining credit reports, giving credit references, keeping credit files current and routing credit files for approval of credit lines
- review and approve orders, monitor credit extension for most customers
- identify and recommend process improvement opportunities
- and prepare reports and statements for a quarterly in-depth detailed credit analysis on each division
- route short payments and other discrepancies for GTS and GPA. Follow up with appropriate personnel to determine next steps for resolution
- process debits/credits for IPAP and Golbon
- process customer reverse ACH
Other responsibilities include:
- Reviewing Seafax reports and alerting management to potential issues
- Complete supplier applications and vendor maintenance forms
- Update collection contacts for Anytime Collect
- Scan all credit documents into KwikTag
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to frequently bend.
- Must be able to lift up to and including 20 pounds.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in credit/collections preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline preferred
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with external customers, resulting in successful collections efforts
- Demonstrate ability to organize and prioritize activities
- Demonstrate history of adhering to schedules and deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to creative problem solve with history of initiating and implementing solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal managers and co-workers in a team-oriented work environment
- Ability to respond professionally and effectively and independently to inquiries from outside customers and vendors and company accounting personnel
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work unassisted in Great Plains (or equivalent) accounting software
- Ability to work in MS Word and Excel
This company is committed to investing in their associates to help them unleash their potential. They offer competitive salaries, a 401(K)-matching program, and a wide selection of health and wellness benefits. These benefits also include wellness activities, parking allowances, access to continuous learning, paid holidays and a generous vacation package, workplace giving, free access to financial resources, gym membership discounts, and more!
Our associates work collectively toward our vision. We share a set of truths referred to as P.A.C.E!
- PEOPLE first. Everything else follows. We work hard to develop respectful, collaborative relationships and meet shared goals.
- ACTION. We are passionate entrepreneurs and execute with a sense of urgency and strong will to win. We fuel creativity and innovation.
- CURIOSITY. We have a deep desire to learn and grow.
- ETHICS. We do the right thing in our business and community, even when no one is looking.
- We have fun and make our mark! We get excited about what we do, we enjoy the process and recognize that enthusiasm and engagement are contagious.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required.
This client provides employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Interested in Applying? Awesome! Email us at email@example.com with a copy of your resume!
Tuesday, August 17, 2021