The Full Stack Software Engineer is responsible for providing vision, guidance, and technical expertise as part of the development of systems and software. This individual will lead software projects from start to finish and must be able to lead, design, and implement in a self-directed manner. This individual must possess the skills and experience allowing them to move quickly, write small, efficient code, and be unafraid to question and disrupt legacy systems and thinking.
They must stay apprised of emerging technologies and strive to integrate useful innovations into our client's products and the practices of the development team company-wide. Their focus must be on building great products quickly and efficiently while challenging assumptions to ensure the best outcomes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Roles and Responsibilities of the Full Stack Software Engineer include but are not limited to:
• Actively seeks out means to increase efficiency, reduce complexity, and speed up product delivery within the organization.
• Contributes innovative and visionary designs for company products.
• Diplomatically works across team boundaries to keep projects moving despite resource constraints.
• Works with users to resolve technical issues and to provide implementation support.
• Promoted and contributes to a positive, fun working environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
DEMONSTRATE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• A proven bias for action and strong desire to get things done.
• Working knowledge of RESTful web application design
• Strong experience with a backend language such as C#, Java, NodeJS, Go, etc.
• Experience with one of more cloud platforms such as: Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
• Understanding of service integration technologies such as message queueing, service bus, RPC, and others.
• Experience implementing continuous integration/deployment/automation systems.
• Extensive experience working with source control systems (Bitbucket & GIT strongly preferred).
• Strong understanding of SQL and relational database architecture.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, to organize, and to coordinate a high volume of information.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of and ability to communicate the business and strategic impact of technical decisions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent work experience and 5 - 10 years in a related field.
• 5+ years’ experience in an object-oriented language and use of common software design patterns.
• 5+ years’ experience in a broad range of web technologies spanning the back and front end.
• Experience with a wide variety of development platforms is strongly preferred.
• All offers are contingent upon the completion of a background check.