Royal Camp Services Ltd
- Oyen, Alberta, Canada
For over 25 years Royal Camp Services has been Western Canada’s premier remote camp and catering company. We provide catering and hospitality solutions for small camps consisting of just a few clients to major camp projects necessitating hundreds of clients.
A Camp Attendant is responsible for maintaining the living areas occupied by staff and clients.
This is an ideal role for someone who would like to utilize their strong hospitality background in a remote lodge setting.
Job duties can include but are not limited to the following:
- Clean bedrooms including making the bed, vacuuming, dusting, washing windows and blinds, washing baseboards, clean mirrors, empty garbage cans, and spot cleaning walls
- Clean bathroom including replacing towels, replenishing toiletries, disinfecting shower, toilet, sink, taps, and wash bathroom floor
- Clean linens and towels, fold and restock linen closet
- Clean laundry room wiping surfaces, sweeping, mopping, dusting, clean lint traps, replace laundry supplies as needed, and organize shelves
- Clean all light fixtures, air ducts, and doors
- Clean dorm hallway by vacuuming, dusting, spot cleaning walls
- Vacuuming, sweeping and mopping entrances, boot rooms, stairs, and floors
- Dust, disinfect, and/or wash surfaces, windows, and equipment (i.e., remote controls, gym equipment, pool cues, tables, chairs, vending machines, etc.)
- Empty garbage and recyclables in common areas
- Clean common area bathrooms including washing mirrors, toilets, sinks, spot cleaning walls/stalls, sinks, faucets, sweeping and mopping floors, empty garbage
- Pick up, wash, and replenish towels in gym, as applicable to site
- Shovel snow, when needed
- Exterior housekeeping, including disposing of litter from parking lots and general camp areas
- Clean and maintain arctic corridors by sweeping, mopping, and spot cleaning walls (as applicable to site)
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures as per task, product usage, or PPE requirements
- Participate in Toolbox/Tailgate meetings, complete Field Level Hazard Assessment, and Hazard Identifications on a daily basis
- Report any maintenance issues and safety concerns to a supervisor
- Assist in unloading the grocery truck
- Any other job duties as assigned
- Candidates local to Oyen, Alberta preferred
- 1-3 years of previous housekeeping and / or janitorial experience considered an asset
- Must have valid Standard First Aid certification
- Be able to provide at least 2 professional work references
- Must have attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (including reading, writing, and speaking English)
- Must be able to lift, move, push, pull, and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Available to work on a casual basis on multiple rotations including but not limited to 21-7, 10-4, 9-5, and 14-7
- Available to work a day shift, afternoon shift, split shift, or night shift
What We Offer:
- Opportunities for advancement through internal promotions
- A strong safety culture emphasizing training and awareness so that you come home safely
- Competitive industry wages which outperform similar jobs in urban areas
- High performing coworkers who will help you excel and adapt to a remote camp environment
Our positions are safety sensitive and require employees to successfully complete a site pre-access drug and alcohol test and site specific training.
Due to the volume of applications received phone calls, walk-ins and / or faxed resumes will not be accepted.
Tuesday, July 7, 2020