Rukes Search Group (Higher Ground at Lake Louise)
- Boyne Falls, MI
Organization: Higher Ground at Lake Louise Christian Camp
Location: Boyne Falls, MI (North of Traverse City & South of Petoskey MI)
Reports to: Board of Directors
View the Profile of the position, camp, and area HERE
ABOUT THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
As the Executive Director, you will be a key steward of the mission, developing leaders, raising funds, and creating partnerships. The mission of Higher Ground at Lake Louise is to help campers experience and encounter the Father's heart of God through faith in Jesus Christ. It is our purpose to plant great seeds in great soil that leads to unimaginable growth. We strive to raise Life-Giving Leaders, offer a Wonder-filled Welcome, provide a Connected Community, make an Inspired Impact, and create Beautiful Belonging. You will be one of the main reasons young people thrive here, and experience everyday miracles at Higher Ground at Lake Louise. With your help, our campers will learn how to stay rooted in their faith, grow their relationship with Christ, and share the love of God with others at camp and beyond. This role requires a highly relational communicator who can collect the stories of changed lives and share those stories across multiple platforms.
This role supervises the camp staff which includes a camp director (Mission Director) who oversees the day-to-day operational functioning of the camp.
- Provide executive leadership of the entire organization through management of operations, finance, programming, stewardship/fundraising, and public relations while creating a model of creativity and motivation that will inspire and build up others.
- Function as primary staff executive and implementer of Board actions and policies.
- Serve as the Higher Ground host to summer volunteers, donors, and campers and have a presence at meals and events scheduled during the season.
- Serve as an ambassador of Higher Ground through travel to the partners and potential partners, promoting a spiritual message of the Gospel and mission service. Partners include churches, nonprofit organizations, and individual and corporate donors. Ultimately building an ever-widening circle of organizations and people that support the Ministry of Higher Ground.
- Initiate and oversee the ongoing connection and the collection of stories of the camp scholarship recipients and share those with partner churches and organizations.
- Develop a volunteer prayer channel and provide continual prayer concerns and praises.
- Lead fundraising efforts for new and existing needs as the result of continuous evaluation of goals and objectives.
- Lead in partnership with the Board of Directors, the strategic planning of both program and facility developments.
- Exhibit visibility and accessibility to members of the Higher Ground staff and volunteers as well as the staff of partner organizations.
- Ensure that all files, documents, and equipment are maintained to meet all state regulations and licensures of the camp.
- Prepare and submit a report to and attend all meetings of the Board of Directors and regularly communicate with Board members between meetings.
- Prepare and submit in partnership with the staff and Keeping in the Black Committee an annual budget to the Board for approval.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or five years’ experience in camp leadership.
- Be willing to gain additional professional training and certifications as required.
To apply, please fill out the fields below including the attachment of your resume.
Your completed application will be reviewed in a timely manner.