City on a Hill
- Madison, WI
Position: Worship Pastor
Church: City on a Hill
Location: Madison, WI
ABOUT CITY ON A HILL
In August of 2016 Lead Pastor Dave, Brie and their children moved to Chicago to go through a church planting training center. It became clear during that time that Madison, Wisconsin had a need for a life-giving, Christ-exalting church.
The vision to start a church aimed at glorifying God by fulfilling the Great Commission became a reality in September of 2017 when City on a Hill officially launched. It’s amazing to see how God has been and continues to be at work at City on a Hill and we’re excited for you to witness it for yourself at our next worship service.
City on a Hill is now a mission focused church of 300 with two Sunday morning services.
WE’RE HERE FOR THE GLORY OF GOD BY MAKING DISCIPLES OF JESUS CHRIST
Every week, we’re opening the Bible together and learning from its pages in ways that speak right into our lives. In our services, our ministries, our music—in everything we do at City on a Hill, our driving passion and focus is to bring God glory through His Son Jesus Christ. We long to see God’s glory on prominent display for the whole city of Madison.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Profess and demonstrate a passionate and deep faith in Jesus Christ
- Have a heart to see people connected to a growing relationship with Jesus
- Ability to lead a team and congregation in worship
- Teachable, self-motivated, and able to work independently and efficiently
- Organized, able to plan ahead, and strong communication skills
- Able to work well in a team environment effectively
- Ability lead others and engage people well
- Have the ability to raise up leaders and cast vision effectively
- Commitment to excellence and creativity
- Active member in the body of City on a Hill
- Skills in graphics, video, and photography desired.
- 2-3 years’ experience desired
- Reports directly to the Lead Pastor
- Develops Worship Ministry in concert with leadership direction of Lead Pastor.
- Meets weekly with Lead Pastor for service planning, encouragement, support and vision casting.
- Oversees all aspects of Sunday morning service including:
- Worship team
- Sound, Lights, Video Team
- Live Streaming Team
- Podcast Team
- Lead weekly service run-throughs on Sunday mornings.
- Ability to lead worship vocally and with musical excellence.
- Raising up, developing, and empowering other volunteer worship leaders.
- Plan and manage services and volunteers through Planning Center.
- Plan and manage all ProPresenter needs for weekly services.
- Manage the Worship/Production budge and maintain all equipment.
- Shepherds and grows the worship team spiritually and musically..
- Implements City on a Hill Worship Ministry philosophy and distinctives.
- Ability to create graphics, videos, or other creative elements.
- Perform administrative duties regarding expenses, budgets, reports.
- Opportunity to be involved in broader ministry leadership.
THE FIVE C’s OF A GREAT FIT
- A mature Christian who authentically models; Worship Christ, Walk with Christ, and Work for Christ in their life.
- Unrelenting passion to see people connected to a growing relationship with Jesus.
- A passionate deep faith in Christ with 2-3 years’ experience leading worship
- A teachable, organized, self-motivated person who can work collaboratively with the Lead Pastor to develop a thriving a ministry of vocal and musical excellence.
- A team player with a heart for the community who is actively invested in developing leaders throughout the church.
To apply, please fill out the fields below including the attachment of your resume.
Your completed application will be reviewed in a timely manner.