The retained executive search firm of Saenger Associates has been retained to attract an experienced Controller from the real estate sector for a premier Los Angeles based real estate company with more than 80 locations nationwide.
The company is a closely held family run business with a wide portfolio of properties including industrial buildings/warehouses, retail centers, multi-family housing units and high-rise office buildings.
Position reports to the CFO.
• Manage a small team of accounting and finance staff in A/R, A/P, payroll, accounting, and financial reporting.
• Serve as primary interface with external CPA and audit firms
• Analyze financial results/projections and recommend profit improvement opportunities
• Prepares annual budgets and financial forecasts and conducts monthly reviews of performance vs plan and reports to the CFO and Board
• The ideal candidate will have 10-20 years’ experience in Finance/Accounting in the real estate industry.
• Expertise in tax issues, corporate formations, and ability to successfully represent the company with external CPA firms is essential.
• Knowledge of Yardi real estate financial software system is a must have.
• Succession plan back-up to boss
Highly competitive compensation package.
We welcome your interest, suggestions, or referrals. For consideration, please email your resume in strictest confidence email@example.com