The executive recruiting firm of Saenger Associates has been exclusively retained to conduct a search for a senior level Director of Engineering for a global musical instrument manufacturer. Our client has a reputation for producing products of the highest quality throughout the world.
• Lead the engineering function, with responsibility for the design and support of all product offerings in the division.
• Manage the Engineering team and work with OEM factories to design various parts, assemblies, tools and fixtures used for manufacturing, using CAD and other tools.
• Develop complete design drawings and mechanical specifications; lead team to document and assist in specifying process operations.
• In conjunction with the Division Vice President other team members, lead the design and analysis for product scales.
• Create 3D models of components and assemblies as well as tools and fixtures related to the making of these parts.
• Work closely with project team members to ensure project plan and timelines are met
• Develop solutions for day-to-day manufacturing challenges and obstacles using sound engineering principles
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Knowledge of mechanical engineering and product development principles and practice
• A strong mechanical background with woodworking and metalworking processes
• 10+ years of proven engineering experience
• Experience leading and managing a team
• Excellent SolidWorks skills
• Strong technical computer skills (MS Office products, project management systems…)
• Fluency in use of CAD modeling tools
• Ability to learn new systems (e.g., CAD systems) and adapt to changing environments
• Deliver results individually or in a team setting
• Ability to work independently; given a set of assumptions, can arrive at a self-directed solution with minimal oversight
COMPENSATION: very competitive base salary, bonus, benefits, and a great work environment
For consideration, please email your resume in strictest confidence to email@example.com