The executive recruiting firm of Saenger Associates has been exclusively retained to conduct a search for a senior level Director of Creative Content for a specialty retailer. Our client has a 40+ year reputation for stylish and functional products, excellent customer service, and most importantly, cutting edge, sophisticated advertising. The job location is the in the greater Los Angeles area.
Reporting to the President, the Director of Creative Content will be responsible for implementing the artistic vision for all visuals and photographs used in marketing and advertising across all media for the company. The end result is building brand awareness and consumer excitement for the products. This role is a combination artistic and management role, with these key areas of focus:
• Design and direct the visual/photo content for all print and digital advertising, e-commerce, catalog, social, direct marketing
• Expertly organize, manage, and execute projects through to completion, including, art direction, set decoration, photo shoots, graphic design, printing, production
• Direct and allocate resources, budgets, and project deadlines
• Develop and lead a creative and production staff of 20+ including graphic designers, set decorators, photographers, videographers, Photoshop artists, copywriters, editors
• Closely collaborate with Internet Marketing, Direct Marketing, Copywriting, Purchasing, Merchandising, Product Design, and Display Departments to ensure brand creative consistency
• Experience with CGI tools, programs and platforms that support creative content and art direction.
• Comprehensive experience creating and directing visual content for multimedia advertising and marketing, including e-commerce, catalog, packaging, stores, social
• Catalog and/or retail background, strong preference for home furnishings related companies
• Have an organized, process driven approach to managing workflows and allocating resources on multiple time sensitive projects in a fast paced, high volume department/function
• Must be a hands-on working manager with experience leading and coaching large creative teams –photographers, videographers, production, graphic designers, Photoshop artists
• Skill in photo art direction necessary
• Ability to work collaboratively across functions to ensure brand creative consistency
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Graphic Design, Photography, Art or Advertising/Marketing
COMPENSATION: very competitive base salary, bonus, benefits, and a great work environment
For consideration, please email your resume in strictest confidence to email@example.com along with the URL for your online portfolio of work samples demonstrating art direction, visual design skills, experience creating a great customer experience.