Saenger Associates has been retained to conduct an exclusive search for the position of an Internal Auditor for a prestigious Southern California non-profit agency. Our client is a long-time leader and provider of services, care and education with an operational budget in excess of $100M. They are committed to strengthening children, families, and the community.
• Monitors to ensure that appropriate approvals have been obtained in writing and adequately documented when budget adjustments/changes are needed or requested.
• Reviews financial reports and accounting records to ensure records are timely and complete and contain all required and accurate information pertaining to the grant.
• Submits accurate and timely reports concerning fiscal monitoring and field activities.
• Provides support with the development of ongoing monitoring tools to be used by the program to ensure that federal and state regulations are being monitored and applied effectively.
• Assists in aggregating data to identify high-risk areas of concern, program quality needs, provides training and technical assistance, resources, or recommends professional development opportunities for staff to ensure applicable regulations are met.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration.
• Three (3) years or more of professional accounting, auditing, or finance experience. One year of experience in a state or federally funded program preferred.
• Experience with universities/schools, public accounting, credit unions or nonprofit agencies are ideal.
• Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Advanced knowledge of Excel/Access.
• Team Player, collaborates across all levels of organization
• Great Communicator including presentation and writing skills
Competitive compensation and benefits package for the successful candidate.
For consideration, please email your confidential resume to email@example.com