Certified / Registered Medical Assistant
- Pottstown, PA
Details of the Position:
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information on patients' charts. This includes functions such as updating medical records, as well as assisting the clinicians with exams as requested.
- Ensures a smooth flow of patients through the office by providing efficient basic care to patients.
- Performs routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the office running smoothly.
- Assist the front desk operations in performing general clerical tasks, such as checking patients in and out, filing, copying, answering the phone, and related duties as requested by the Practice Manager.
Required Skills and Certifications:
- Actively Registered or Certified as a Medical Assistant
- Current American Heart Association BLS (CPR)
- Insurance Verification, Pre-Certs, Medication Refills