Licenses & Certifications
Java, Python, C#
Years of Experience
About this Company
We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the US, transforming the deeply broken $18B moving industry with an advanced tech-enabled model that delivers world-class customer experiences and prices that are untouchable by traditional movers. Serving over 65 cities nationwide.
Required Skills and Experience
• At least two years of relevant experience.
• Required Languages: GO, AWS, Java, Python, Csharp
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field
• Experience with dynamo database, single table design, and Github page
• Team Player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
• Eager learner. We’re looking for engineers who live to learn new technologies and use them on new projects!
• You should be excited to build tools that scale for massive growth and a rapidly evolving business environment.
• You have advanced knowledge of programming in Go and deploying to AWS infrastructure.
• Iterative Design and Development. You think an MVP is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time, but neither to an extreme.
• Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the backend stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (API, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
• Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
What you need to know
• As a platform engineer, you'll be responsible for pushing applications into production environments used by our growing customer-base and internal HQ employees.
• Open to Remote workers only in the Southeastern area of the US. Prefer candidate to be located in Chattanooga, Atlanta, or Fort Lauderdale.
• Engineering team consists of 20 people. This individual will work on a team of 4-5 regularly.
• We currently manage a growing e-commerce market and labor force management system for thousands of our contractors and customers nationwide.
• An engineer that works with us will be expected to adopt team practices and, after on-boarding, will be expected to work closely with team members to solve the desires and needs of our customers and operations team.
• We fiercely test and our new hire would need to be competent at completing test cycles for new features.
• We often pair programs when making architectural design changes but will put our heads down on days when minor changes are requested.
• Our team operates at a fast pace and will deploy multiple versions of our product continuously throughout the day.