Required Skills and Experience:
• BC in Family Medicine
• Graduate of an accredited FM residency program, with 2-3+ years of teaching experience.
• NC active MD license (or willing to obtain)
What you need to know:
• EMR: Epic
• Hospital Size: 452
• Position / Title: FM Core Faculty
• Is this a leadership position? Academic
• Target Start Date: ASAP
• Age range of patients All
• Patient panel size? Responsible for supervising 8 residents seeing roughly 90 patients a day
• The Family Practice Residency Training Core Faculty must be qualified to manage and direct residents in a graduate medical education program within the residency training requirements of the American Osteopathic Association, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and applicable laws and regulations.
• Devote the majority of their professional effort to teaching, administration, scholarly activity, and patient care within the program.
• Serve as a family medicine resident advisor.
• Provide assistance with scholarly activity.
• Assist in the recruitment, evaluation, and selection of medical student applicants for the residency program when active practice of medicine schedule allows.
• Attend and participate as voting member of the Graduate Medical Education Committee.
• Participate as a voting member on special committees when convened.
• Be willing to attend local, state, and national specialty conferences to represent the program.
• Attend leadership and other professional development meetings.