Staff Accountant - Healthcare
- Milford, MA
A dynamic, family-owned business that sets a high standard for care, earning the trust and confidence of families across New England. Operates in 10 locations throughout Massachusetts with a strong position in today’s post-acute care market. Rehabilitation,
post-surgical, short- and long-term care, skilled nursing, and medical management are provided in warm, patient-centered environments. A dedicated team delivers exemplary services to patients and operates within a caring workplace that offers generous
benefits and career growth opportunities.
A great place to work, offering competitive wages and career advancement potential.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Staff Accountant to join our accounting department.
Staff Accountant responsibilities include (but not limited to) maintaining the financial records of several different facilities up to and including the issuing of monthly financial statements. In addition, you will be required to assist the assistant controller & controller
with various management information requests including assisting the independent auditors during CYE audit for the facilities to whom you have been assigned.
- Issuing monthly financial statements to property and regional operations team and assisting in monthly analysis of results.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines and interface with internal and external users of reports.
- Monitoring cash flow of your assigned facilities.
- Analysis/reconciliation of income and expense accounts monthly.
- Assisting the assistant controller & controller as required
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Long term care accounting experience a plus.
- Microsoft Dynamics SL(Solomon) general ledger experience a plus.
- Ability to work in the Microsoft Windows environment fluently a must.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently are essential.
- BS in accounting/finance preferred.
- Full benefits package starting at 30 hours/week
- Life Insurance
- Paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ongoing, in-house education and advancement opportunities for re-certification
- Generous paid time off with indefinite accrual
- 401(k) plan with company match
- On-campus, reduced cost dining
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Employee referral plan