Spanish Speaking Community Health Worker/Patient Navigator
- Jersey City, NJ
Partnering with health plans and managed care organizations to allow these high-risk patients to be treated in the comfort of their homes. Our community health navigators are an integral part of the patient’s panel management team by providing direct social service needs in the member's home when they need it most. CHNs obtain orders or consent for services for the benefit of our patients and clients. This is a remote position that is customarily and regularly engaged away from an office environment.
- Undergraduate Degree (preferred) or commensurate work experience.
- Active Driver’s License
DESIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, and EXPERIENCE
- Experience providing peer support to patients with complex and multiple chronic conditions and challenging social and mental health conditions (e.g. Community Health Worker, Patient Navigator, In-Home Support Specialist, etc.).
- Training or experience in community health, social determinants of health, and peer counseling.
- Understanding of mental illness and addiction and ability to engage with clients who struggle with these issues at all levels.
- Training and experience in using Motivational Interviewing strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and social skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of individuals from a wide range of professional and personal backgrounds.
- Knowledge of community-based healthcare and social services systems and the needs of medically underserved populations, and older adults/seniors
- Ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with clients/patients.
- Maintains confidentiality and follows HIPAA standards in safeguarding patient information.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and/or experience within Home Support Services (IHSS) is highly desirable.
- Life experience overcoming the challenges of chronic disease or work experience with people living with complex chronic conditions is highly desirable.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.