Licenses & Certifications
Board Certified, DC License
Years of Experience
On Call, 5 days/week
Travel Reimbursement, Professional development opportunities, Full benefits , 401k
About this Company
We are the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most. Founded in 2017 on the premise of local health, we are backed by some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Required Skills and Experience:
1. You are a board-certified Psychiatrist licensed to practice in Washington, DC.
2. 3+ years experience providing direct mental health treatment.
3. You are an independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole community health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model.
4. You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new, better, care.
5. You have no restrictions on your ability to provide care to Medicaid or Medicare patients.
What You Need to Know:
1. Rotating on-call schedule - phone, every 6 weeks on for 1 week.
2. Currently 99% telehealth, but long term 100% of time in clinic + 1 day/month of home visits.
3. No night home visits - home visits are during business hours.
4. Follow a panel of members to provide behavioral health assessments, diagnosis, treatment recommendations, treatment planning, clinical treatment, medication management, and follow up planning.
5. Be a key contributor in the development and implementation of behavioral health clinical programming within the hub/market and capabilities that support both core business and long-range company growth.
6. Work with clinical and operational leadership to measure and continuously improve the quality of behavioral health care provided to members in your market.