Licensed Substance Abuse Therapist (LMFT LPC LCSW) - Flex Schedules
- Daytona Beach, FL
The Therapist is responsible for providing individual client and group therapy. This individual will provide services as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team, coordinating with the Program Coordinator, Clinical Director, and other team members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts and documents a thorough diagnostic assessment for determination of the level of care and medical necessity and provide recommendations within the appropriate time frame.
- Provides individual, group, and family treatment, as appropriate, to clients based on clinical issues and treatment needs.
- Conduct and/or participate in telehealth sessions and groups as needed.
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to ensure team treatment and a therapeutic environment.
- Establishes therapeutic relationships with assigned clients to facilitate the treatment process.
- Directs the planning, writing, and weekly updates of the client’s care plan.
- Completes all required documentation according to policies and procedures and ensures that daily clinical notes document the client's progress in meeting their treatment goals.
- Identifies the precursors of potential crisis and unsafe client behavior, and intervenes to de-escalate clients utilizing the least restrictive means of intervention.
- Prepares appropriate materials for all Intensive Outpatient Groups and Individual/Family Sessions based on the model guidelines and conducts each session on time and for the prescribed amounts of time per model and medical necessity.
- Attends program-specific treatment team meetings for all clients, as appropriate.
- Maintain positive relationships with referents and provide timely, necessary, and appropriate clinical updates and content.
- Maintains current licensure and stays within ethical guidelines provided by the licensing board.
- Ensures active client and family participation in the treatment process.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; behavioral therapy methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral disorders
- Knowledge of 12 Step Principles
- Knowledge of substance use disorders and other DSM-5 Diagnoses and demonstrates competency in providing and implementing resident care
- Knowledge of ASAM PPC
- Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics
- Knowledge of licensing and accreditation standards (Joint Commission, DPH)
- Clinical skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines as well as be flexible and dependable
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills
- Principles and processes for providing client services. This includes client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of client satisfaction
- Exceptional customer/client service with the ability to resolve service issues
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Master or Doctoral degree in counseling or a related field required.
- Active LMFT, LPC, or LCSW license in the state of FL required.
- BLS/CPR Certification required.
- 3-5 years’ experience required, preferably in PHP/IOP/OP setting.
- Experience with Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT).
- Demonstrated skill in 12-Step and Family Systems Recovery Models.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, clearly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Repetitive motion: Frequent and regular use of the wrists, hands, and fingers to make small movements such as typing or picking up small objects. Normal fine and gross motor control of fingers and hands.
- Seeing: Visual acuteness necessary to prepare or inspect documents or other materials. Ability to accurately view computer monitors.
- Physical: Frequent sitting, standing, and walking. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs, pushing and pulling up to 45 lbs. Occasional kneeling, stooping and bending at the waist.
- 6 sick days
- 2 weeks PTO
- 6 Holidays
- The company pays half of the short term disability and 100% of long-term
- very affordable healthcare!