- Tahlequah, OK
The positions are located in Tahlequah, OK
Opportunity to serve & work in an underserved community. The Indian Health Service facility is looking to quickly add two LPNs that are hard-working team players!
- Routine duties shall include providing health care services to individuals eligible for services in accordance with the self-governance compact and funding agreement between the Cherokee Nation and the United States executed under the authority of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act.
- Rooms patients.
- Takes and records vital signs.
- Screens patients according to Cherokee Nation's policies.
- Orders lab and x-rays according to Cherokee Nation's policies and standing orders.
- Administers medications, immunizations, and treatments according to standing orders, and/or provider orders.
- Operates a variety of medical equipment.
- Documents observations, referrals and nursing interventions according to CN documentation standards.
- Assists the provider with diagnostic, therapeutic, and surgical procedures and exams.
- Provides patient education and self-management support.
- Obtains lab specimens as needed.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities using the Model for Improvement. Participates as part of the care team.
- Schedule: 7:30A-4:30P, Mon.-Fri.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Practical Nurse's License
- Certs: BLS and ACLS
- Attire: Solid Color Scrubs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Meet pre-employment credentialing clearances (Background Check and Drug Screen)
- Ability to meet physical demands (stand; walk; sit; climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl), and lift up to 50lbs
30.00 per hour