Correctional Registered Nurse
- San Diego, CA
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the area and treatment of inmates/residents.
- Provides leadership in improving and sustaining the quality and effectiveness of care in diverse or complex programs.
- Monitors key indicators of health status and clinic operations.
- Uses screening and focused study formats to detect variation in the healthcare delivery process.
- Designs data collection instruments; compiles and analyzes data; design interventions to address issues.
- Provides written reports and conducts CQI meetings.
- Participates in preparation for accreditation and inspections.
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents; prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare examining room and equipment
- Examine and assess new inmates/residents with illnesses or injuries or inmates/residents who become ill or injured; refer inmates/residents to the emergency room or other appropriate healthcare facilities as required by their condition.
- Perform emergency procedures as needed and notify Licensed Independent Provider for treatment orders.
- Provide guidance, supervise, and monitor nursing care provided by licensed vocational/practical nursing staff and non-licensed medical staff.