Director of Sales, Pharmaceutical
- New York, NY
The client is seeking a Director of Sales, for Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences, to drive revenue by addressing the unique challenges of scientific research data management and AI workflows in pharmaceutical/ life sciences companies and the clinical trial process.
The Director will be responsible for selling our cloud-scale SaaS solution for organizing, processing, and sharing healthcare data. Top candidates will have experience selling to pharmaceutical companies, CRO’s, Imaging Core Labs and have a history of strong customer relationships and an entrepreneurial approach to working with a geographically dispersed team.
- Develop and expand a portfolio of pharmaceutical customers through lead generation, qualification, and networking.
- Assess customer needs and make recommendations, including designing service packages.
- Sell the client's value proposition and educate the customer until they can articulate it and connect to their specific needs.
- Meet and exceed sales goals by fulfilling quarterly plans.
- Track progress toward goals and document activity.
- Prepare sales presentations to pitch product benefits and capabilities.
- Negotiate long-term contracts and contact expansions with customers.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships with high customer satisfaction.
- Answer questions, describe benefits, and discuss the pros and cons of various competing products or services.
- Create marketing assets to promote products.
- Share customer and prospect feedback openly and often across the organization.
- Salesforce proficiency is a plus
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience with advanced knowledge of pharmaceutical purchasing cycles, company infrastructure, and interdepartmental relationships.
- Demonstrated passion for quote-driven sales, building relationships with potential customers, and providing world-class customer service.
- A desire to be part of a learning organization where mentoring and receiving feedback go hand-in-hand.
- Driven to learn new technical systems to help customers optimize their data workflows.
- Proven success juggling leads and accounts with alacrity.
- Not required, but experience with high-growth SaaS business, medical imaging, or AI is a plus.