Licensed Practical Nurse - Home Health
- Los Angeles, CA
In addition to carrying a caseload, the LVN will assist in field training of new hires who have completed new employee orientation (NEO) and/ or other projects and areas of nursing development that may require field testing and trialing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides 1:1 field training with an assigned new hire (Trainee) in the field
- Maintains a panel of patients
- Responsible for completing assessments for each Trainee
- Big Brother/Sister mentor role for their assigned new hire for at least 3 months
- Weekly check-ins with their trainees until program graduation
- Assist with projects and designing training as needed and identified by department needs.
- Participates in Careforce and skills labs, as needed
- Supports project and implementation testing and/or trial
- Strong nursing background (minimum of 3+ years of nursing experience, at least 4-6 months experience within the company)
- Internal candidates must be in good standing and no corrective actions
DESIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, and EXPERIENCE
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Adaptable and flexible to the needs of the company
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Training and experience in using Motivational Interviewing strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and social skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of individuals from a wide range of professional and personal backgrounds.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with clients/patients.
- Maintains confidentiality and follows HIPAA standards in safeguarding patient information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and/or experience within Home Support Services (IHSS) is highly desirable.