** This is a 2-month contract position with the possibility of extensions**
·Knowledge of nursing care standards, nursing procedures and techniques, and of the principles and processes used in providing appropriate patient care.
·Knowledge of emergency procedures and emergency equipment, i.e., CPR, and ability to assess and care for residents and/or staff members in emergency situations.
· Skills in using reasoning to identify problems and in considering the appropriate resolution of situations.
· Skill in the operation of computers and applicable computer software.
· Skill in the care and treatment of patients.
· Ability to provide patient care to a wide variety of individuals with complex medical, mental health, and/or behavioral health issues.
· Ability to prepare and maintain records and to use an electronic health record system once trained.
·. Ability to communicate effectively and to instruct others.
· Ability to appropriately interact with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, with their family members, and with staff members.
· Must maintain current CPR certification. Must have strength and flexibility to safely perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
What you need to know:
Performs highly complex vocational nursing work. Provides for the care, treatment, and general welfare of individuals residing at the facility who have complex medical, mental health and/or behavioral health issues. Performs basic and complex routine and non-routine nursing tasks to promote the health of the individuals within the assigned areas and assigned shifts. Collects specimens for lab work and performs health screenings. Instructs direct support professionals and other staff on how to provide service and care that support the individual’s medical needs. Performs technical nursing procedures according to facility and state regulations. Keeps informed of and follows all agency, facility, and unit/home policies and procedures. Provides direction and assists with on-the-job training to others such as newly hired LVNs and direct care staff. Assists Registered Nurses (RNs) with the implementation of protocols, procedures, and programs to improve the overall health and safety of staff and individuals. Works under the general supervision of an RN with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.