The client is seeking an Application Support Specialist to join our busy and growing team. This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated and customer-driven technical support specialist to interact with all facets of a software engineering life-cycle within a fast-paced company working with cutting edge technology. Successful applicants will have a passion for serving customers, a proactive approach for troubleshooting technical issues, and working knowledge for managing Linux servers from a remote SSH session. This role requires an innovative thinker who is constantly striving to improve customer experience. The shift would span 9 am - 6 pm CT.
- Use command-line tools and logs to identify the source and scope of an issue.
- Receiving and taking ownership of incoming support tickets to resolution.
- Monitoring and adhering to SLA requirements on support tickets.
- Escalate issues when necessary, tracking related progress, and updating customers.
- Perform system installation, upgrade, and maintenance operations.
- Monitor site performance and proactively remediate issues.
- Participate in rotating weekly on-call shift for hard down incidents on premium support clients.
- Achieve quarterly performance goals and initiatives.
- Adhere to HIPAA standards and strict security standards.
- Analyze ticket trends and recommend processes, systems, and product improvements.
- Curate internal and end-user documentation and training material.
- Manage incidents through an online ticketing system.
- What would make you a great fit
- Proficiency in using command-line tools to support services running on remote Linux hosts.
- 2 years of Deskside Support/Troubleshooting experience.
- 2 years of experience with remote support and VPN usage.
- Ability to learn and adapt to rapid product changes.
- Strong client-facing customer service skills.
- Ability to translate technical information into user-facing communication.
- Proficiency in evaluating error log files and proving root cause analysis.
- Ability to work independently from a ticketing system and collaboratively through internal communication channels.
- Proactive problem solving and forward-learning work ethic.
- Prefer a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing requirements and procedures.
- Ability to follow projects through to completion with minimal direction and oversight.
- Working knowledge of medical imaging terminology and procedures is a plus but not required.
- Strong attention to detail surrounding HIPAA compliance and security guidelines.