Diversity, Inclusion, and Accountability Director
- Austin, TX
Who we are looking for:
- Looking for a leader who can help root out and change the systemic structures and practices connected to prejudice that limit opportunities for under-represented populations in the professional workplace.
- Understand the current state of the organization's tremendous growth, business strategy and are able to develop a multi-quarter strategy that aligns I&A goals with business outcomes
- Partner with the executive team on quarterly initiatives, providing guidance and coaching on sponsored initiatives and talent and culture issues
- Further integrate our I&A beliefs and values throughout our systems through innovative solutions that broaden and advance the employee experience.
- Champion and scale initiatives globally across a diverse, remote, and multifunctional organization.
- Create, maintain, and facilitate data-driven, high-impact resources in a variety of formats across multiple audiences to enable everyone to support and further our objectives.
- Integrate key concepts of belonging, inclusion, and diversity into existing programs, policies, and practices.
- Be a strong voice for inclusion and diversity and in the broader community, communicating effectively and regularly with internal and external audiences.
- Recognize and respond to regional, local, and remote employees’ diversity needs, issues, and initiatives.
- Build and lead employee based resource groups to empower and engage.
- Provide subject matter expertise, strategic planning, thought leadership, coaching, education, and consultancy to leaders to drive key I&A business outcomes.
- Work closely with the executive team to inform their personal leadership and organizational strategy to advance function and company goals.
- Partner with People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Compliance, and Learning & Development Teams to measure the impact and effectiveness of belonging, inclusion, and diversity initiatives, and the overall impact on culture.
Required skills & experience:
- 10+ years of related work experience in leadership roles.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to weave diversity, inclusion, and belonging into company objectives, including making a business case for systemic investments.
- Strong understanding and experience in HR practices, organization diagnostics, and intervention strategies.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of the concepts related to diversity, belonging, inclusion, as well as the contexts and cultures within organizations that impact the implementation and management of effective change efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop diversity, inclusion, and belonging framework that connects to an organization’s mission and business strategy, and values approaching problems from a perspective of growth and scalability.
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency in the following: data analysis, interpersonal communication, consulting, facilitation, influencing, and people leadership.
- Strong project/program management skills with a proven track record of demonstrated good judgment, innovative thought leadership, and creativity.
- Strong collaborator and influencer - ability to reach beyond the immediate scope to influence and lead change initiatives with multiple senior stakeholders.
- Highly effective communicator and strategic thinker with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex ideas, unique concepts, and proposals to enroll team, peers, and management.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- 5 or more years of dedicated inclusion or diversity experience or academic background
- A genuine belief in people and natural mentoring abilities with diverse individuals, ideas, and teams.
- A history of taking calculated risks, pushing your learning edge, showing up as a leader (even when doing so is hard), and motivating others to do the same.
- An ability to model vulnerability, own up to your limitations and mistakes and view feedback as a critical tool for learning and growth.
- A utility player and teammate; willing to help out wherever needed.
- Strategic mindset with a bias towards action and creative problem-solving.
- Possess a mix of intellectual curiosity, creative thinking, and pragmatism.
- Ability to identify issues and root cause; willingness to dive deep into details.
Travel will be required to Texas corporate office as needed