CNA Certified Nursing Assistant - Bethlehem, PA
# of Positions: 10 - (3) Day Shift - 7:00am - 3:00pm / (5) Evening Shift- 3:00pm - 11:00pm / (2) Night Shift 11:00pm-7:00am
Schedule: Full time 37.5 hours MOST URGENT SHIFT IS 3:00PM - 11:00PM
208 bed Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation in Bethlehem, PA. The Nurse Aide provides resident/patient comfort and quality nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures as directed by Staff Nurse, Supervisor, Charge Nurse, Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing or Administrator and assures that the highest degree of resident/patient care is maintained at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Answers resident/patient call lights and requests and provides a calm, clean, and safe environment for our residents/patients.
2. Immediately reports observations and/or abnormalities noticed during care to the nursing supervisor, such as bruises, pressure areas, or any change in the resident/patient's condition.
3. Routinely checks and provides necessary care to incontinent residents/patients.
4. Practice proper transfer and movement techniques according to the procedure to avoid discomfort to the resident/patient and to maintain employee safety.
5. Properly apply protective devices to prevent discomfort/injury to the residents/patients.
6. Assists residents/patients with ambulation to bathroom, activities, etc.
7. Assist residents/patients with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, oral care, repositioning, shaving, nail and hair care, and toileting according to proper procedure.
8. Applies topical barrier creams as directed and designated by the facility.
9. Assists in serving residents/patients meals and feeding, as necessary.
10. Monitors and records resident/patient's intake and output.
11. Accompany residents/patients when being transported for treatment outside the facility when necessary. This may involve pushing residents in a wheelchair.
12. Must perform daily charting and complete forms, reports, logs, and records, as directed.
13. Must attend all mandatory in-service/training programs as scheduled. (Must attend 12 annually to Maintain NA registration.)
14. Maintains quality resident/patient care and work operations by following all facility policies and procedures.
15. Maintains confidentiality of all resident/patient and staff information.
16. Ensures Resident Rights/Patient Rights are protected.
17. Must be able to work as part of a team in a respectful, positive, and cooperative manner.
18. Perform other tasks as directed.
Minimum Education & Experience
* High School Diploma/ GED Minimum Work Experience
* 2+ years experience of nursing assistant experience - preferred
* Knowledge of relevant nursing care Required Licenses/Certifications
* Must possess a valid Nurse Aide Registration in Pennsylvania
Competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, generous paid time off, 401(k) and a pension plan with match. Additional benefits include voluntary short-term disability, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, flexible spending account, and uniform discounts.