Required skills & experience
1. Graduate of a recognized medical school and recipient of an M.D. degree.
2. Must possess at least a current, unrestricted medical license and the ability to obtain licensure in multiple states.
3. At least 3 years of experience practicing in an acute inpatient environment, were dealing with managed care organizations that made up at least half of inpatient practice.
4. Understanding of population-based medicine with preference given to significant experience with the Medicare population.
What you need to know:
• 12 openings: These are remote positions
• Start date: ASAP – launch is on 10/1 so we need to get them in and trained as soon as possible; physician with 90-120 day notices will be hard to work around for this launch
• Skillset: Utilization review / Utilization management for post-acute care cases (geriatrics)
• Predominantly UM work - evaluating cases, get up in the morning, start around 8:00 AM CST - go to queue, start working on cases, pre-service, or continued stay cases.
• Peer-to-peer review on certain cases - have conversations and make determinations