Substance Abuse Counselor
- Charlotte Hall, MD
Required skills & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- AA degree plus 2 years direct Addictions Counseling experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree. HS diploma plus addiction certification above Trainee status in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Trainee status with the MD Board of Professional Counselors & Therapists, CSC-AD, CAC-AD, or higher certification required upon hire.
- Obtained specialized training in: CBT, motivational interviewing, trauma-informed care, collaborative documentation desired.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge & experience in substance abuse treatment
What you need to know
- We offer free supervision hours, education reimbursement, training's for CEU's and opportunities for growth within our growing organization.
- Amazing benefits with opportunity for employee recognition
- Requires weekend and evening availability - Sunday 10 a - 6 a, M-T 8 a - 4 p
- Provide residential services to adults who are in need of substance abuse treatment
- All COMAR & CARF mandatory training required within 30 days of hire & as needed