Phlebotomist - 13 Week Contract w/ possible extension
- Tahlequah, OK
This position is located in Tahlequah, OK
Opportunity to work with underserved Indian population. Brand new facility looking for a team player to hit the ground running in rural Oklahoma!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Practices only within the boundaries of competence, based on documented education, training, supervised experience, state and national professional credentials, and appropriate professional experience.
- Provides health services of scope, quality, and quantity consistent with Cherokee Nation policies.
- Collects requested laboratory samples from patients.
- Performs routine laboratory testing on samples as directed.
- Assists in charting, filing, typing, and other routine clerical duties.
- Submits and receives specimens and reports to laboratories as needed.
- Cleans work area and maintains appearance of the laboratory.
- Monitors stock, supplies and orders as needed.
- Assist in preparing special reports.
- Participates in quality improvement activities and reports. Adheres to professional and ethical standards.
- Maintains verifiable records at an institution or facility that has a published records retention policy that is equal to or exceeds the retention required by federal, tribal and/or state regulations.
- Maintains the confidentiality bf any information received from any person or source about a client/patient, unless authorized in writing by the client/patient or required by law or court order.
- Complies with the applicable state and federal regulations in regard to the security, safety, and confidentiality of any health services record created, maintained, transferred, or destroyed, whether the record is written, taped, computerized, or stored in any other medium.
Shift Schedule: Mon-Fri from 2:30P to 11P; Rotating Weekend
Duration: 13 Weeks
Minimum of 5yrs Experience
- Experience with Cerner Millennium and collecting Newborn Screening Specimens
- Registered/Licensed Phlebotomist thru ASCP, AMT, or equivalent
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Meet pre-employment credentialing clearances (Background Check, Drug Screen, etc.)
- Ability to meet physical demands (stand; walk; sit; climb stairs, stoop, kneel, or crawl), and lift up to 50lbs
- Attire: Solid color Scrubs; prefer Hunter Green. (NO Maroon or Navy Blue colors)