Home Health Registered Nurse (Dallas and Surrounding Areas Avail)
- Dallas, TX
General Summary: Administer nursing care for clients in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, clients, and their families, and the referring agency.
We are in current need of TWO full-time RN. One in North Dallas and the other in Ennis/Waxahachie/Corsicana area
Patient Population: Geriatric patients in a homebound setting
Supervision: LVN/LPNs and CNAs.
- Two (2) years of experience as an RN in a clinical care setting.
- Preferred, Home health experience.
- Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrates proven decision-making skills.
- If required to make visits, Hepatitis profile.
- Must read, write, and comprehend English.
- Completion of an accredited Registered Nursing Program.
- Preferred, BSN.
- Manage patient load for continuous home care
- Promote /exemplify Company mission, vision, and values at all times.
- Complete initial and ongoing assessments to identify the physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs of home health clients. Completes assessments at appropriate time points, including OASIS.
- Regularly re-evaluate the client’s nursing needs and evaluates the outcomes of care.
- ???????Assists clients in the recovery or maintenance of life functions; prevent illness and relapse of illness.
- Develop, initiate, and revise the Plan of Care (POC) as necessary to ensure quality and continuity of care. Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Plans for the discharge of the client from services.
- Provide effective communication to clients, their families, team members, and other health care professionals. Regular participation in the Case Conference.
- Apply concepts of infection control and universal precaution in coordination/performing client cares activities to protect both client and staff (OSHA).
- Coordinate services and informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the client’s condition and needs.
- Monitor assigned cases to ensure compliance with the requirements of third-party payers.
- Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner to assure compliance with company policy.
- Supervise, teach, and provide clinical direction to other nursing personnel (ex. LVN/LPN, HHA, CNA, etc).
- Perform on-call responsibilities and provide on-call services to clients and their families as assigned.
- Demonstrate commitment and professional growth by participating in in-service programs and maintaining/improving competency.
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the agency/licensing board.