Senior Director Associate Relations
- Dublin, CA
The Senior Director, Associate Relations is a collaborator, strategic advisor, functional expert, and thought partner. This role is responsible for all aspects of the design, implementation and maintenance of our positive associate/labor relations program for Stores, Supply chain, and the Corporate Office, including third party vendors. Works with cross-functional partners to continuously improve the workplace environment, enhance engagement, and promote health and safety of our associates; recommends and helps drive strategies to foster our pro-associate culture and facilitate leader connection and responsiveness to associate voice. Monitors internal and external trends and legislative developments, drives proactive change in response to developments and if ever required, represents Ross/dd's in labor-management relations.
Key responsibilities include:
Who You Are
- Strategizes and oversees all aspects of the design, implementation and maintenance of our positive associate/labor relations programs and policies, including third party vendors, for Stores, Supply Chain, and the Corporate Office.
- Responds to union organizing attempts and/or manages any labor election campaigns
- Develops major goals and leads initiatives to support broad functional objectives; works cross-functionally with other teams to achieve them.
- Analyzes Human Resources workforce analytics, and other internal data as well as external trends and insights, and recommends actions to support our pro-associate culture and positive workplace. Develop employee engagement predictive analytic resources and tools.
- Influences and support cross-functional partners and key stakeholders to continuously improve the workplace environment, enhance engagement, and promote health and safety of our associates; recommends and help drive strategies to impact the quality of managers and their level of empathy/associate connection/responsiveness to associate issues
- Collaborate and align as a close business partner with the Associate Experience leader, other areas of HR, and the Operations teams to ensure the labor relations perspective is represented from the outset of operational initiative design, appropriate change management and communication; evaluate impact of new programs on associates and if changes are negative, employ appropriate change strategies
- Keep a keen eye on developing issues that could have labor relations ramifications and provide ongoing current feedback to the HR functional leaders and business partners.
- If required: drives overall direction of labor strategy, advising leaders on issues, labor best practices, labor trends, and labor laws. Possesses skills and experience to represent the organization in all labor-management relations, including NLRB proceedings, contract negotiations, dispute resolution, and union communications, and conduct day to day administration of collective bargaining agreement including contract interpretation, grievance handling, arbitration cases, and responding to Unfair Labor Practices.
- 10+ years in directly relevant Human Resources/Labor Relations roles with a minimum of 5 years' experience in Labor Relations. Prefer experience with contract negotiations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Thorough understanding of labor law and its practical application
- Associate experience mindset, i.e. balancing the needs of the associate with the needs of the business; moving quickly to resolve issues.
- Deep experience working with both unionized and non-unionized workforces, analyzing data and designing proactive strategies and drafting communication, designing and conducting interventions for troubled work areas, collective bargaining/contract administration, designing tools and trainings, monitoring labor trends, and working with outside experts.
- Ability to relate in-person and in writing to all levels of associates - up, down and sideways; both internal leaders as well as external union stakeholders. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with ability to deliver messages that either will persuade/influence and or drive to agreement. Manage disagreements and conflicts.
- Business/thought partner and advocate
- Ability to manage large-scale projects, write decks and analyze/tell story with data
- Able to travel as needed- sometimes with very short notice
- Bilingual - English/ Spanish in written and verbal communications skills is highly desirable
Thursday, August 26, 2021