Systems Engineer (Property and Confidential Information)
- Springfield, VA
Systems Engineer (Mid-Level)
Overall Assignment Description:
Mid-level Systems Engineers employ a multi-discipline approach to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the National System of Geospatial-intelligence (NSG), Allied System of Geospatial-intelligence (ASG) and Federal Agencies to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT.
- Conducts requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the National System of Geospatial-intelligence (NSG), Allied System of Geospatial-intelligence (ASG) and Federal Agencies.
- Conducts planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Develops solutions designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology and mentor Junior Engineers in developing these skill sets.
- Assists the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Supports the analyses and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
- Assists the Government in performing systems integration activities.
- Assists with Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Course of Actions (CoAs), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assists the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
- Exhibits transparency by sharing all salient facts relevant to the task at hand. Routinely provides honest and frank feedback to Government leads on the achievability of desired deliverables within proposed timeframes.
- Communicates unexpected setbacks quickly, and proposes mitigation actions. Incorporates lessons learned in future planning.
- Arrives on time and prepared to actively participate in all meetings.
Skills and Experience:
MUST POSSESS CURRENT TS/SCI CLEARANCE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- 6+ years experience in Government or Industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or Systems Engineering of Large, Complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- 6+ years Systems Engineering Lifecycle experience.
- Experience in Increment/Service/System/Project Engineering of Intel Production Workflow Services & Collection Services
- Experience in Assessment, Evaluation and Deployment of New / Emerging Tech into Operations or Architectural Impacts and Recommended Way Forward
Monday, December 9, 2019