Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer - Senior - TO11 #110
- Springfield, VA
Position 20b:Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer (Senior-Level)
Overall Assignment Description:
The Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer will work across Cloud Ops, Security, Development, Auditing teams at NGA to design resilient, flexible, and scalable cloud solutions to support GEOINT Enterprise operations.
Duties may include:
- Formulate, document, and communicate methodologies for building and operating highly available, scalable services.
- Provide assistance in reducing and resolving production incidents (e.g. Site Reliability Engineering).
- Look for opportunities to improve all operations processes.
- Evaluate, build and modify automation for deploying and operating production services.
- Create, assess, update and maintain documentation pertaining to Product Lines.
- Develop and design elastic, resilient and self-healing Cloud native applications and workflows.
- Crafting excellent documentation for respective projects and carrying ownership for the code and the instructional tutorials of how to use it.
- Work with team members to design, architect and implement solutions across geographic locations.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Engineering Management, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or related equivalent additional experience.
- Five or more years of experience with cloud-based services or technologies.
- Understanding of object-oriented software with languages like Java, C++, Python or Ruby ideally in SOA applications.
- Understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Understanding of industry standards for designing and implementing IaaS/PaaS/SaaS in Cloud environments.
- Experience with modern container orchestration systems, such as: Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Engineering Management, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect
- Two or more years of demonstrated experience in Site Reliability Engineering functions.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
- Experience designing, implementing, and operating in a DevSecOps.
- Experience using APIs and RESTful services.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration and automations processes and tools: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Fabric.
- Experience with security in the cloud, such as: Intrusion, penetration, and vulnerability scanning.
- Experience with monitoring solutions, such as: ELK, Splunk, SUMO, Nagios, Prometheus.
- Experience with build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem capabilities, such as: Git, Gerrit, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus.
Wednesday, February 12, 2020